PDA

View Full Version : Engine Problems ?

LazeR
04-29-2004, 03:53 PM
I was riding my quad today and just messing around... Before i started to ride i let it do the normal warmup and checked the oil... It was right in the middle of Higher and Lower where it should be.. I was riding around nothing seemed wrong with it and it worked fine. I was messing around doing some 360's in REALLy slick mud... and all the sudden its all pah pah *die* and would not start back up! I checked the oil again after it died and it wasn't showing on the dipstick! It will turn over though... and when it turns over you can feel exhaust out the Silencer... Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong with it ? for it to just die like that. No weird sounds, no smoke.. Mods are in my sig

also it didn't seem to be running hot.. if anything maybe a little cool and i wasn't rev'ing it super high either

Goat397
04-29-2004, 04:09 PM
shes not fireing huh? check for gas and spark. also are you sure it was on flat ground when you were checkin the oil

LazeR
04-29-2004, 08:48 PM
OK well to find out quad starts fine... i must of hit the killswitch while doing the 360 :rolleyes: make fun go for it, i'll just suck it up :macho anyways... i still have the oil problem, quad runs fine i only let it run for like 10 secs... very lil oil shows on the dipstick.... i have not let it run long enough (5mins) to get an accurate reading on the oil.... im gonna see how much my dads 400ex has in it since i hasn't been started....if it don't show up i may let it run... anyone have any ideas ?

this is also on my shop floor when im checking it...so it is flat

LazeR
04-30-2004, 01:42 AM
bump someone please anyone lol When cold....How much oil normally shows up on the dipstick ?

04-30-2004, 05:21 AM
put on lever ground like basement floor or something....warm up 5-7 minutes sitting still.....let sit 2-3 minutes......check oil

James Parent
04-30-2004, 06:59 AM
don't worry, Wed night was the first time at a motorcross track, after like 2 hours i was dead tired and watching, i went to go back out there and start my quad.. got over the first jump and ran outta gas, :( it was off, lol

2002400ex
04-30-2004, 11:36 AM
mine does the same thing. the oil will be higher and lower on the dipstick at different times.

LazeR
04-30-2004, 01:52 PM
If the oil magically disappeared (had a friend out there said he saw no smoke) i wouldn't want to run my quad for 5mins and have it sieze! When i checked there was just a LITTLE TINY amount on the dipstick! what would you guys do ?

JDiablo
04-30-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by James Parent
don't worry, Wed night was the first time at a motorcross track, after like 2 hours i was dead tired and watching, i went to go back out there and start my quad.. got over the first jump and ran outta gas, :( it was off, lol

lmao that had to be a lil embarassing

LazeR
04-30-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
lmao that had to be a lil embarassing

ya just a lil bit :rolleyes:

Goat397
04-30-2004, 07:56 PM
warm the thing up for maybe five minutes you dont even need that long and then pull it in your garage or somthing damn near perfectly level and check your oil , if its not reading any put a little in , if it keeps losin oil then id look for some leaks of have it checked out

LazeR
05-01-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm officially a MORON! Nothing wrong with it.... I flicked my killswitch somehow doing a 360 and thats what killed it.... I never use the killswitch though and didn't think of looking at it. And the case of the missing oil....well it was just that i had been riding it and it wasn't in the resorvoir and turns out its perfect as well... So it ends up being im stupid and didn't look at the killswitch! :rolleyes: I guess we all have our stupid moments eh!