PDA

View Full Version : Raced this morning

OCCRA288
03-17-2002, 06:42 PM
Hey guys! We had our second race of the season and another record breaking quad turnout for OCCRA. In the pro class we had 17 quads. Amatuer class had close to 30. And utility had more than 15. The start was awful. so much dust you couldn't see. I was fifth off the line and then dropped back to last trying to let the dust clear. I caught and passed several of the guys taking 7th in the pro class at the end of the day.
My sister came off the amatuer line around 15th. she was keeping a steady pace but couldn't hold her position to some other highly modified quads. She finished up 18th in the amatuer class.
My teammate Dereck was at a severe disadvantage racing a stock 250EX against some highly modified Polaris Scramblers and even a 700 Twin. But somehow he got out ahead and finished around 5 minutes ahead of the second place in the utility class. Making this his first 1st place finish of the year.
Also we are still looking for more sponsorships. If you are interested pm me and we'll go from there.

WE're headed out to Little Sahara on thursday morning. Hope to see you guys out there.

I'll keep you posted on the racing season. Thanks for reading.

If you live in Oklahome and wanna race some XC give OCCRA a try. http://www.occra.com