PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a lil American Now

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 12:10 PM
Well theres gotta be a little bit of American inside this Canadian . Heres the new Hipers and Holeshots on my stock YFZ 450 .

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p3dd708dc4ba61bf209af5d37594ddb5a/f8d743fe.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/pc292f67f7c0c882848d976821e619c92/f8d74400.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/pdd97b6525d1193a5fa89a77562d0e456/f8d74413.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid114/p908c885c7c6f275ae3a82263b1ef26dc/f8d7440c.jpg

The last pic is me pushing my quad while my dad is saying " Shoulda got something with reverse"

YLW400
04-29-2004, 12:18 PM
A little red, white, and blue:o Very good...lol j/k dude....Looks great!!!!

Pappy
04-29-2004, 12:20 PM
lol...you iz ugly:devil: :blah:

YLW400
04-29-2004, 12:22 PM
well yea he is, but the quads nice :D

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 12:27 PM
My momma saiz I be very handsome .... :blah: The new tires hook up very well on the little ride I did today ... First time I actually get to take the quad and have NO snow . I would have preffered to have a different color ring on the Hipers , but when saving almost 50% on rims ... I'll take whatever is offered . I think next winter , the frame is being painted blue and I'll get a GYRT blue graphics kit .

Pappy you got any more 450 parts for sale?? And post a pic of yourself so I can make fun ;)

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Oh ya Pappy ... if uz at Rausch and Iz at Rausch for da ride ... I'm bringing the Molson Tripple X and we'll see the next day who's ugly ... after the Molson and this Canuk drink you to bed :devil:

Pappy
04-29-2004, 12:30 PM
naaa i sold everything to fuller.

you will love the hipers!!!

Pappy
04-29-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Oh ya Pappy ... if uz at Rausch and Iz at Rausch for da ride ... I'm bringing the Molson Tripple X and we'll see the next day who's ugly ... after the Molson and this Canuk drink you to bed :devil:

as much as id like to drink a few with you, i wont be at the rausch ride...atleast not the first one. i will be in florida.

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Crappy deal .... Ya the Hipers seem to be working good so far .... although I haven't been able to jump it yet . What air pressure have most of the guys been running in the fronts for MX races?? I got 4 LBS in the rear and like 6 in the fronts .

xr50layke
04-29-2004, 12:35 PM
dont know why but for once i like that color scheme on a yfz

redroost85
04-29-2004, 12:37 PM
LOL! I'm loving the red, white and blue ya crazy canuck!:blah:

That actually looks pretty cool. Good choice on the Amsoil too my Canadian friend.:devil:

xr50layke
04-29-2004, 12:46 PM
its kind trippy with the neon blue :p :eek2:

04-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Well ,welcome to America buddy..Iguess lol the YFZ looks sweet!

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the compliments Guys .... I think the next purchase is gunna be either a TC exhaust , then Pro Pegs with Blue netting ... what do you guys think about the Blue netting for the nerfs?? The an AC bumper ( maybe stadium bumper) and a set of Pro Tapers and kill switch . I was a little uncertain about the Blue clashing with the white and red , but it actually looks pretty good . Looks better in person than the crappy pics from my 50$ digital/webcam.

400exBro
04-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Greg you going to be at Gohper Dunes this sunday??

ya deffently get some nerfs, especailly for mx, i ran over my own foot the other time at the track and flip my 450r over top of me bending the grab bar a bit... deffently worth every penny...

BTW the red white and blue is sick!!!! i am loving it... i am going with candy blue on my R frame along with the bottom a arm(chrome uppers) and swing arm...

hope to see ya racing soon!!!

Ryan
04-29-2004, 04:33 PM

Good beer :blah:

Oh yeah.... Nice quad! :macho

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
Greg you going to be at Gohper Dunes this sunday??

ya deffently get some nerfs, especailly for mx, i ran over my own foot the other time at the track and flip my 450r over top of me bending the grab bar a bit... deffently worth every penny...

BTW the red white and blue is sick!!!! i am loving it... i am going with candy blue on my R frame along with the bottom a arm(chrome uppers) and swing arm...

hope to see ya racing soon!!! Nah I don't think I'm gunna be at Gophers ... it's about a 7 hrs drive for me to get there , plus I dont have nerfs or a kill switch or even registered with the CMRC yet . I'll be getting nerfs , bumper, bars and kill switch as soon as i go back to work in June . Sucks being off without a pay .

Bill Fuller
04-29-2004, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pappy
[B]naaa i sold everything to fuller.

It's Fuller:mad: AKA Pud Puller:D

blondie69
04-29-2004, 05:05 PM
Trader :cuss:

Now get that blue off there and slap a maple leafs here n there and your good to go...!:blah:

Ah kiddin

Looks great man! I like it!:)

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 06:06 PM
LOL ... I knew is was just a matter of time before someone called me a Trader :blah: ... The maple leaf idea sounds pretty cool though .... I'm gunna see if the local printing shop can make me a sweet design with a maple leaf in it and turn it into a graphics kit .

400exBro
04-29-2004, 06:30 PM
just get some mud plugs for the rear hipers and put a maple lead stick on it!!!!!

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 07:19 PM
LOL ..... soemthing else to think about .... Are you going to the ATV National in Cochrane ?? Check out the CMRC website ....$10 000 up for grabs that weekend . Might have to make the trip up to race . :D Seems like the CMRC is really promoting the ATV races this year ... finally !!!

400exBro
04-30-2004, 03:34 PM
ya i would like to go but it is over a 10 hours drive for me... not sure, but cmrc still isn't giving us the respect!!!

deffently worth going to watch or ride if you were close especailly if Jasmin Plante shows up...

YfzinJay
04-30-2004, 06:09 PM
How much are new rings? $24 each?

Quad18star
05-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by YfzinJay
How much are new rings? $24 each? I haven't a clue what the price of new rings are .... but if they are 25$ each american that works out to about 40$ each canadian ..... I can get the frame powder coated blue for cheaper .... :p

Cochrane is gunna be about 6 hour drive for me ... and Ive been talking with a few people ... specifically Ian Hayden's personal trainer ( Serge Solomon) and he said the track is amazing . Ian's ridding for Suzuki this year on the dirt bike and these guys built the track for Ian. And with $10 000 up for grabs ... and not just for Pro's , I think I'm gunna make the trip up . I'm surprised their bringing a National to the north ..... we've NEVER seen that before . I will agree that the CMRC isn't giving us the respect we deserve and I battled it out with Stallybrass ,i think it was, a few years ago about how the CMRC wasn't respecting the ATV racers and keeping us as a side show . I let him have it and i brought up soem good points which i think made him realize what he was doing . If I pay for a membership the same as the guys ridding dirt bikes , I wanna be treated equally . I also told him , why have a track on the National circuit that is TELLING the CMRC that they dont want ATVs to run their track . Doesn't make sense to me .... my membership helps pay for soem of the cost of this National track and they don't want ATVs running it ... told him to go F himself .

I was working with Julien Denis from Offroad Cycle and ATV a couple years ago and we were trying to get a National ATV only circuit going which would have nothing to do with the CMRC , but because I was starting College and was extremely busy , I never got to getting a Canadian National ATV circuit going . Julien has started up 2 circuits of his own ... The Flat track circuit that runs 6 races per summer and his Cross country circuit that has about the same amount of races . I am gunna try and get in contact with him about mayeb getting a National started . Only thing that sucks is trying to get the guys to switch from an established organization , to one that's just starting out . We'll see what we can pull off .

nacs400ex
05-02-2004, 10:49 AM
I haven't a clue what the price of new rings are .... but if they are 25$ each american that works out to about 40$ each canadian ..... I can get the frame powder coated blue for cheaper .... :p

Cochrane is gunna be about 6 hour drive for me ... and Ive been talking with a few people ... specifically Ian Hayden's personal trainer ( Serge Solomon) and he said the track is amazing . Ian's ridding for Suzuki this year on the dirt bike and these guys built the track for Ian. And with $10 000 up for grabs ... and not just for Pro's , I think I'm gunna make the trip up . I'm surprised their bringing a National to the north ..... we've NEVER seen that before . I will agree that the CMRC isn't giving us the respect we deserve and I battled it out with Stallybrass ,i think it was, a few years ago about how the CMRC wasn't respecting the ATV racers and keeping us as a side show . I let him have it and i brought up soem good points which i think made him realize what he was doing . If I pay for a membership the same as the guys ridding dirt bikes , I wanna be treated equally . I also told him , why have a track on the National circuit that is TELLING the CMRC that they dont want ATVs to run their track . Doesn't make sense to me .... my membership helps pay for soem of the cost of this National track and they don't want ATVs running it ... told him to go F himself .

I was working with Julien Denis from Offroad Cycle and ATV a couple years ago and we were trying to get a National ATV only circuit going which would have nothing to do with the CMRC , but because I was starting College and was extremely busy , I never got to getting a Canadian National ATV circuit going . Julien has started up 2 circuits of his own ... The Flat track circuit that runs 6 races per summer and his Cross country circuit that has about the same amount of races . I am gunna try and get in contact with him about mayeb getting a National started . Only thing that sucks is trying to get the guys to switch from an established organization , to one that's just starting out . We'll see what we can pull off .

Well Id be happy to be a part of a circuit for atvs only. CMRC is basically dirtbikes only. But the problem is you need a lot of riders to fill the gap.