PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki 450 BUZZ

z400ACDC
04-29-2004, 10:22 AM
The word is out that the new 450 will not show up at the dealerships untill next spring. I hope they can speed it up so the racers can be prepared for the 05 season.

spincr4hire
04-29-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
The word is out that the new 450 will not show up at the dealerships untill next spring. I hope they can speed it up so the racers can be prepared for the 05 season.

i hope thats not true...:(

southbeach14
04-29-2004, 11:19 AM
i hope they do come out and then we can see a 450r vs. yfz-450 vs. z450

Pappy
04-29-2004, 11:19 AM
the 450 is coming, but so is something else from suki:devil:

jason14x
04-29-2004, 04:17 PM
Guys, I have heard from some very reliable sources that more than likely you will not see the z-450 at the nationals this year. I agree with the sources I have talked too though,I do not want Suzuki too do like Honda did and say oh the new quad will be here in Novenmber only to finally see one in the dealers 5 months later. I would rather they work out all the bugs and get this thing perfect . I held off on buying a YFZ because my source told me to wait and this bike will be worth it. Think about it who has 15-20 guys running all over the track at the Nationals ?IT AINT HONDA! I like Tim Farr and Baldwin is great but Tim should be there with a HONDA tralier , and Marc working out of that with him. Honda needs to step up or Yamaha and Suzuki are gonna walk away in the next year.

Suzuki has made the commitment and that is why I held out. Hell I was the ONLY and I mean ONLY Quadracer 250 at Budds Creek, I wouldnt have held out if I didnt trust my source totally.

Jason NEATV-MX

Fred55
04-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the 450 is coming, but so is something else from suki:devil:

Could it be a Two-Fiddy racer?!

robman
04-30-2004, 01:56 AM
How much do you think I could get for a spy photo of the new z450.:devil:

BlazinOrangeKFX
05-01-2004, 11:27 PM
quite a lot, call dw and ask em if you jave one.

bradley300
05-02-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
Could it be a Two-Fiddy racer?!
ive heard something like that, but it wasnt quite that small:eek:

Fred55
05-02-2004, 09:42 PM
I think you need to tell what youve heard!

250rmike
05-03-2004, 08:13 PM
maybe there coming out wit a 300cc air cooled class bike a 450cc race bike to compete with the honda and yamaha. then again who knows besides suzuki i mean remember when everyone talked about a 650r. all i know is i just made the switch 2 4stroke from a r and i love the power and set up of the z. if they do come out with the 450 ill still have my z because i dont need the latest and greatest ill make do with what i got. ill race the z until its a slow bike and i can afford a new bike. i have had a r for a fews years and was planning on racing it but i decided that the bet thing to do if i wanted to continue racing that i should get used to 4 strokes so all im saying is just wait until its out and for now just be happy u have something.

seven
05-03-2004, 08:43 PM
I heard they were going to make a all new popcycle stick framed z450 so it would be stronger and lighter then the z 400 was when it was introduced.

spincr4hire
05-05-2004, 07:01 AM
hopefully the Z450 w/aluminum frame rumors are true (w/ electric start).

I've heard the 500cc rumor, too.

I'm waiting on this new quad, but my patience are running out fast.:(

hsr
05-18-2004, 02:31 PM
You won't see it for at least another year. Suzuki will barely have enough time to get their 450 bike ready for Carmichael for 2005, and we all know that bikes always come first. :rolleyes:

jason14x
05-18-2004, 05:26 PM
ECTD, I disagree with you ,again I trust my source. One thing though have you picked up a dirt bike mag in the last six months? The RMZ450 already is being raced overseas, so I dont think there gonna have any trouble having it ready for 05. As far as the quad.....we've come a long way and I have a feeling its a matter of months not a year or so till we see the Z-450 Quad! We'll see what happens!

Jason NEATV-MX

SHOCKER
05-18-2004, 05:40 PM
i agree with jason, we have seen the rm450 and that pretty much let everybody know that there was gonna be a z450, now its just a matter of waiting, hopefully they will let us see it before hand, i hope there is a new frame and diferent style swingarm, well one that easier to adjust maybe with a round bearing carrier and it better look sweet, better not look like the 450r, i like the 450r but the looks arent as good as i hoped, i think its just the red though

lsittingbull
05-18-2004, 11:55 PM
The second bike will probably be a 700 cc dohc Fi sport bike to compete with the V-Forces in gncc.:huh

spincr4hire
05-19-2004, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by lsittingbull
The second bike will probably be a 700 cc dohc Fi sport bike to compete with the V-Forces in gncc.:huh

It will definitely be Fuel Injected from what the ads say in the mags.

tprender
05-19-2004, 06:29 AM
I think that Suzuki have there Dealer meeting in June. If this is true it will be shown to them there, I guess. The word that I heard last weekend from a good source was that the quad is going to be MX ready. wide and low. The cost will be a little more than the YZ. This is only talk from other people. If you want to ride it in the woods, you will need to get a-arms and an axle.
Have heard that the other quads are going to be Utility with fuel injection. How nows, maybe the 450 will be FI also.

TC426EX
05-19-2004, 09:04 AM
If they dont do ALOT MORE R+D with the new 450 its just gonna end up being a pile of crap quad like the z400 is. Suzuki has produced some SHODDY bikes over the years and I hope this is not another one.....

spincr4hire
05-19-2004, 09:08 AM
king quad 700 EFI

Z450RACER #67R
05-19-2004, 09:45 AM
I am a big Zuki fan but I do hafta agree with TC426EX, the Z is a great TRAIL quad but the frame just drags it down. If the new Z450 has an aluminum frame (which is rumored a lil) I don't know if I'd want it. I might just take the engine out and put it in a Gusseted Z chassis cuz both frame and engine would be in "Production" rules since they will be both produced.

I also don't like how everyone puts the Z down cause its not as good as a YFZ or 450R well duh the Z wasn't race based. I do like how Gust takes the ONLY underdog quad and stays in the front and makes it look like a champ. I also like how he praises it.

It reminds me of the story "the lil engine that could"

do you guys think GUST will give anymore hints on the Z450?

Ride on guys
Z450RACER

jason14x
05-19-2004, 02:04 PM
I disagree with you TC. Yes the Z 400 had some issues that affected it whenit was brand new, but what totally new designed quad hasnt? Yamaha had tranny issues with the Raptor, and the YFZ, and The new Honda has a few reliability issues already with things like cables and aother "hard" parts.

AS far as the R&D what do you think theyve been doing with Doug since he signed last year ? I know that for a fact since I spoke with him quite abit at the 03 Southwick National, and the 2003 Nac's Memorial. Basically we just have to wait and see, but Suzuki has stepped it up quite a bit in the last 2- 3 years and In my opinion the only manufacturer other than Suzuki that shouldnt be embarassed with their quad program right now is Yamaha, they raised the bar and everybody is still trying to reach that level.

Other than that guys we are all just gonna have to wait and see! But I stand By my sources who said months , and I know for a FACT that it will be a quality product!!!Hey has Doug had any DNF"S in the last 2 season due to mechanical?????NOPE!!!!!!!!

Jason NEATV-MX

lsittingbull
05-19-2004, 11:16 PM
I also disagree with TC, The Z is a great "TRAIL BIKE" it was never designed as an all out racer like the YFZ and 450R was. But any company that can take a TRAIL BIKE and whoop up on the YFZ and 450R. Imagine what there real race bike is going to be like. :devil:

ramp rida 55
05-21-2004, 09:03 PM
that is why they called it the quad sport z400 in stead of quadracer when it came out it blew the 400ex and raptor away then everyone realized it was time to step so in a matter of a year the z became outdated

z400ACDC
05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
That "outdated" old LTZ has won 5 GNC races in a row:macho

Out_Sider
05-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by z400ACDC
That "outdated" old LTZ has won 5 GNC races in a row:macho

my point exactly, the ONLY z in the pro class, is kicking serious ***!

SHOCKER
05-21-2004, 10:00 PM
alot of people underestimate the potentials of the Z, i think its the best bike you cna have out there now, maybe cause i have one but its just all around great and with some mods it can do alot,

but back to the z450 i hope it has some type of light wait hopefully aluminum frame, i dont want the frame to look like the cannondale frame but just a nice aluminum frame, with lt suspension and i hope it looks sweet, and i hope some of the parts are interchangable with the Z

Admin
05-23-2004, 09:45 AM
I must say that I love my Zs. They are awesome quads to ride and I don't have any trouble keeping up with the 450R and YFZ quads in the woods.

BlueZ440
05-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
I must say that I love my Zs. They are awesome quads to ride and I don't have any trouble keeping up with the 450R and YFZ quads in the woods.

Same here..:D

05-30-2004, 10:01 AM
I must say that I love my Zs. They are awesome quads to ride and I don't have any trouble keeping up with the 450R and YFZ quads in the woods. you havent raced me :muscle:

j joyner
05-31-2004, 08:03 AM
i have a z400 with big bore kit to 444 with head work pipe carb and it dont have any problems keeping up with the 450s yam or hon in fact the hondas caint touch it mod yams are close so dont wait till next year buy it now spend a few bucks and watch it go

spincr4hire
06-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
you havent raced me :muscle:

Harlum will just put you into a tree, pass you, all while taking your picture..:p

Admin
06-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Harlen will just put you into a tree, pass you, all while taking your picture..:p

LOL!!!

Pappy
06-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
Harlum will just put you into a tree, pass you, all while taking your picture..:p

stop giving him ideas:o he will be on the line in virginia with a camera mounted to his helmet:p viva la duck-tape:devil:

Admin
06-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
stop giving him ideas:o he will be on the line in virginia with a camera mounted to his helmet:p viva la duck-tape:devil:

hummm??? All I need is a pull string shutter button.

Pappy
06-02-2004, 09:27 AM
hummm??? All I need is a pull string shutter button.

string:devil: we let the other guys worry about thier string:macho :devil:

06-05-2004, 12:20 PM
i m wit harlen. i really like my z.the only thingthat is stock on it is the motor. and even with a stock motor . i don t have any prob. keeping up with the 450 s. in the woods. i don t plan on building my motor. i like it to be stock and reliable. now in a drag race the 450 s will pass me on top end. but for gncc racing. it is a great quad.the key is getting the z to sit lower. i got a pep zps rear with the pep linkage and it is awsome. in front i got custom axis.

robman
06-06-2004, 11:28 PM
I just heard somthing crazy on another forum.Apparantly honda is building a hole new 450 for 05.I know they can do better so i wouldn't be surprised after all they did say they will update the R in following years.

PEPwalshZ440
06-10-2004, 11:22 AM
only reason Z is dominating the GNC pro class is cuz it has the best rider in the world on it. Gust would dominate on any quad and every1 knows that.

Luecker
06-10-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by PEPwalshZ440
only reason Z is dominating the GNC pro class is cuz it has the best rider in the world on it. Gust would dominate on any quad and every1 knows that.

That isn't 100% true. Doug knows the Z better than the YFZ and TRX. Also he had an entire season to get the bugs worked out of the Z. Everyone else is working out the bugs on the YFZ.

It was amazing how close the Production class was last year between Gust and Farr. They aren't even close this year.

I think Jeremiah will be a force again once he gets the YFZ dialed in. Next year should be more interesting.

Lucky
06-11-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Treebasher573
i m wit harlen. i really like my z.the only thingthat is stock on it is the motor. and even with a stock motor . i don t have any prob. keeping up with the 450 s. in the woods. i don t plan on building my motor. i like it to be stock and reliable. now in a drag race the 450 s will pass me on top end. but for gncc racing. it is a great quad.the key is getting the z to sit lower. i got a pep zps rear with the pep linkage and it is awsome. in front i got custom axis.

I heard that also, but apparently its a utility quad that the rumor refers to. At least the info I have heard.

Umm that was supposed to be this

I just heard somthing crazy on another forum.Apparantly honda is building a hole new 450 for 05.I know they can do better so i wouldn't be surprised after all they did say they will update the R in following years.

yoshimurakfx400
07-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I also disagree with TC, The Z is a great "TRAIL BIKE" it was never designed as an all out racer like the YFZ and 450R was. But any company that can take a TRAIL BIKE and whoop up on the YFZ and 450R. Imagine what there real race bike is going to be like.

thatz rite, yamaha and honda watch out;)

yoshimurakfx400
07-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I also disagree with TC, The Z is a great "TRAIL BIKE" it was never designed as an all out racer like the YFZ and 450R was. But any company that can take a TRAIL BIKE and whoop up on the YFZ and 450R. Imagine what there real race bike is going to be like.

thatz rite, yamaha and honda watch out;)

tcyfz#3
07-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Luecker
That isn't 100% true. Doug knows the Z better than the YFZ and TRX. Also he had an entire season to get the bugs worked out of the Z. Everyone else is working out the bugs on the YFZ.

It was amazing how close the Production class was last year between Gust and Farr. They aren't even close this year.

I think Jeremiah will be a force again once he gets the YFZ dialed in. Next year should be more interesting.

thats a crock of crap doug gust is the longest one that has been doin this and hes the oldest and knows more.....and wut buggs ?have you talked to one of the racers personally and plz let me know. do you know how much doug rides.....ALOT

07-01-2004, 08:46 PM
Do you have to have digital cable to watch atv races cause i never see them with jsut regualr cable thta goes to like channel 70.

And RC will be racing an rm250 next season not a rmz450.

Chef
07-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by tcyfz#3
do you know how much doug rides.....ALOT

Do you know how much everyone else rides? Alot!

tcyfz#3
07-01-2004, 09:25 PM
he rides just about everyday at his house........and hes been doin this longer

Fred55
07-01-2004, 11:26 PM
he rides just about everyday at his house........and hes been doin this longer

And whats stopping the other pros from doing this?

spincr4hire
07-02-2004, 06:00 AM
http://www.douggust.com/atv2.htm

check out "take a lap with Digger Doug on his home track"....awesome

tcyfz#3
07-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Fred55
And whats stopping the other pros from doing this?

andd who do you know thats riden everyday????

Fred55
07-02-2004, 08:51 PM
andd who do you know thats riden everyday????

Any how do you know the other pros dont do this? I bet that all the pros in the atleast everyday they possibly can. Otherwise they just arent trying hard enough. Doug wins because he is good, but so are all the others....what sets him apart imo is the fact that Suzuki is putting such an effort into ATV racing compared to the other manufacters. I sure as hell dont see a Yamaha or Honda race trailer at the GNCs. Hell, Keith Little, Lonestar, has a better race rig that Farr or Jones. Dougs Z450 is probably the fastest quad out there. And he and his sponsors all know how to set up a quad to win...and they have sure proved it this year.

j joyner
07-02-2004, 10:11 PM
well you guys talk alot of crap, if you had any idea what you were even talking about you would know that suzuki is a bad boy if you spend a little money on motor it will be ready for any honda or yamaha and as far as it not being a racer i think you are wrong when you buy any quad and are going to race the first thing you do is strip it and put all after market parts on it so if you do all that to a stock z then it is race ready too and you can put in a 450 big bore kit for a small fee and make it go with the best of them.....think about that. and iam not a rookie talking i have been racing for 28 years motor cycles,three wheelers, quads so buy now i think i know what i am talking about

TC426EX
07-03-2004, 09:51 AM
So how old are you then... You gotta make doug gust look like a teenager...

j joyner
07-04-2004, 03:42 PM
old enough to get the job done. 1st place last year in 35+ class got the #1 plate for my quad and 1st place in am. production also got #1 plate for that quad in the southern atva nationals so i guess that makes me old but can still ride......

Lurch
07-06-2004, 10:13 AM
FYI - RC will be riding the RM250 in the SX series and the RM450F in the Outdoor Nationals. This came from Dirt Bike Magazine (I believe).

Digger Doug is THE man!

z400ACDC
07-25-2004, 09:42 PM
"UPDATE"
Doug Gust has already been testing the new Suzuki. It will be out in June 05. I think Suzuki should get Doug a teammate;)

riggsracing
07-25-2004, 09:59 PM
read the 2006 z250f fourm

jason14x
07-26-2004, 06:03 PM
Where do you find it? the z 250f forum?

Also guys I just spoke with j. Dunkelberger and he told me that he heard that the Z-450 is going to be a 2006(early next year maybe?) release model!! I hope his info was from a source that was wrong Ive been chomping on the bit to get my hands this thing.

We can only wait and see!!!!!

Jason NEATV-Mx

Dunk if you see this give me a ring when you get in town this weekend.

Jason 413-454-3269

Seano
08-03-2004, 12:06 AM
i just came off a quadzilla to a trx450. if they come out with a new zilla i'll buy one for sure

montyjcm
08-05-2004, 05:53 PM
FYI - RC will be riding the RM250 in the SX series and the RM450F in the Outdoor Nationals. This came from Dirt Bike Magazine (I believe).

where did you here that?