PDA

View Full Version : WA riders

zman03
04-28-2004, 08:51 PM
anybody ride at moses lake dunes.......maybe we can ride sometime.

sand-racer
04-29-2004, 08:53 AM
There is a good washington state site it is washingtonstatequads.com i personally would rather drive the 3 more hours and get to oregon but i know for you moses is real close. Sometimes i go out there though. I ussually go over and jetski at the potholes alot. Wes

dirtmomma
04-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Never rode there but drive by it every year w/ our quads on the way to Idaho for the ATV Jamboree!! Soggyrider(member on here) I think he goes there every so often!! Maybe one of these days we'll stop & check it out but it's sooooo friggin hot in July!!! Guess we could just night ride hehe

BTW WELCOME to Exriders ;)

QuadJunkies
04-29-2004, 11:51 AM
just an FYI that they are having a sand Drags event this wk end out Moses Lake...:blah:

dirtmomma
04-29-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
just an FYI that they are having a sand Drags event this wk end out Moses Lake...:blah:
Good Lord girl you know it ALL don't you LMAO J/P ;) I'm at the point now I dont' know if i'll EVER get my head back :grr: I'm trying to be patient but it's been almost 4 weeks :( I'm pretty much out of the points running now cuz I've missed 2 races but we'll have to see what happens MAYBE this coming week it'll come back & I think I may have a couple weeks before the next race............I hope!!!!

Mr.Offroad
04-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Sorry man, we went there once,and it was like a converted garbage dump, mixed with St. Helens ash, and little sand mounds (locals call them dunes, for lack of anything better to call them). If I'm gonna bother going east of the mountains, it's either Beverly (Not much better) or St. Anthony dunes. I gotta admit, the sand drags are kewl, though.

QuadJunkies
04-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Good Lord girl you know it ALL don't you LMAO J/P ;) I'm at the point now I dont' know if i'll EVER get my head back :grr: I'm trying to be patient but it's been almost 4 weeks :( I'm pretty much out of the points running now cuz I've missed 2 races but we'll have to see what happens MAYBE this coming week it'll come back & I think I may have a couple weeks before the next race............I hope!!!! :(....Dont you hate the waiting game....... :mad: Kelseys Motor comes back this wk end and the mods go on Mon!!!!! YYIIPPPEEEE!!!!!:blah:

Woodsrider
05-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr.Offroad
Sorry man, we went there once,and it was like a converted garbage dump, mixed with St. Helens ash, and little sand mounds (locals call them dunes, for lack of anything better to call them). If I'm gonna bother going east of the mountains, it's either Beverly (Not much better) or St. Anthony dunes. I gotta admit, the sand drags are kewl, though.

You must have went the weekend after a holiday weekend. Before the local volenteer crowd could go pick up all the trash from the partiers. It can get pretty bad there for sure. But for a lot of folks its all they get. Beverly is less than half the size of Moses Lake, but is a good place to take your little kids and let them ride all day. You cant lose site of them;)
From this side of the mountains Moses lake is an hour shorter drive than sandlakes and less crowded. But yes the ash dust is a real pain in the arse.

We go there two or three times a year for a day trip. Will be there next Saturday with freinds test running their new rail motor before St. A's the following weekend.

QuadJunkies
05-16-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by soggyrider
You must have went the weekend after a holiday weekend. Before the local volenteer crowd could go pick up all the trash from the partiers. It can get pretty bad there for sure. But for a lot of folks its all they get. Beverly is less than half the size of Moses Lake, but is a good place to take your little kids and let them ride all day. You cant lose site of them;)
From this side of the mountains Moses lake is an hour shorter drive than sandlakes and less crowded. But yes the ash dust is a real pain in the arse.

We go there two or three times a year for a day trip. Will be there next Saturday with freinds test running their new rail motor before St. A's the following weekend. What week are you going to St. A's????

Woodsrider
05-16-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
What week are you going to St. A's????

I'm not:( Some friends of mine from Northwest Sandgear are going for Memorial Day weekend. I couldn't get the time off to justify a 13 hour drive.

QuadJunkies
05-16-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
I'm not:( Some friends of mine from Northwest Sandgear are going for Memorial Day weekend. I couldn't get the time off to justify a 13 hour drive. Bummer......:(

perry44
05-17-2004, 09:47 PM
:) Hi there:
Well I guess I should post my story too, since it has lesson and a kudos and a happy? ending i guess. I bought my 400ex back in october and was haveing a great time wadering around southeast washington exploring some of the better place to ride in our great state. I live in the tri-cities (Pasco, Richland, Kennwick, washington) and there are some great places out here consisting of a MX course, a juniper dunes orv park, spokane,wash. great orv park at the spokane river. Every weekend I was off enjouying a great ride somewhere, Since october i have crashed 4 or 5 times. Typical stuff i am sure. A rollover on the side of a sand hill, (twice:( ) bending the handle bars but not much lasting damage expect to my pride. Bouncing over the heavy sand ruts at the mx course and being bounce off and getting ran over by the back tire. Again no damage expect to my leg.. I limped for 4 days on that one, But my best?? one came as i was looking for something different and decided to go up to the Moses Lake ORV, Its about 70 miles away so i loaded up and took off. Beautiful spring day it was a sunday and life was good:) I found the orv park and was very impressed with the look of the place and couldnt wait to get out there. Well I was riding in the sand trail and really enjoying myself when i took this blind trail over this drop off. Usually this meant following a trail down but this time there was no trail as the blind spot hide the fact that it was a 8 foot veritical drop and my Quad went nose first into the ground. It happened so fast but what i could put together was i was hanging on and went flying into the handle bars and then flipped over landing down a sand revine . The fall alone stunned me but i took a little inventroy and decided my wrists hurt and my thigh hurt but i could move so i got up. I looked at my wrists and the left one was VERY misshapen and the right one was swelling fast. Through my jeans i could see i was bleeding from a place high on my thigh . My poor 400 was laying upside down:(. So there I was. All alone in the middle of this very big orv with bum wrists and hurt legs and my quad upside down. I give thanks to god always there were some other people rideing the orv that day and luckly one rider came close to me and i was lucky enough to flag her down. A very nice young lady about 20-30 range rideing a yellow sportrax. Well long story short. She and her friends help me get to the hospital and my quad into the back of my pickup and to the hospital too. For this I should forever be sooo gratefull to those great people. THANKS AGAIN!!!
Anyway I came out of it with two broken wrists and a deep gash in my thigh. Even now i have my casts on my wrists and suppose to be out for another month or so:((( My quad. No damage:)
Well I guess This is where i should warn people about rideing alone but you know something. As soon as I am able to ride again i will go out hopefully with a friend but if not i will go alone.:)

JOEX
05-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Got any pics of the young lady?J/K ............sorta:p

Good advice about riding alone, especially in a new area, not a good idea. The occasional time I ride alone i'm very cautious and conservative on what I do. Not that it will prevent a mishap, some things just sneak up on you.

Good to hear you were able to get help:)

perry44
05-18-2004, 07:59 AM
HAHAHHAHAAHAHAA
No I didnt think of takeing a camara. But she and her friends are a great example of the great people in this great sport:)

SHANE03EX
05-26-2004, 11:45 AM
I am going to Moses lake this weekend (memorial weekend). Anyone else?????

kj400
05-26-2004, 10:13 PM
we'll be there this weekend stop by and say hi , you cant miss us my 400 and my wifes cannondale glamis i cant imagine there being another one there.

dirtmomma
05-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by SHANE03EX
I am going to Moses lake this weekend (memorial weekend). Anyone else?????

NO but I see your from Marysville, I just live on the border of Everett/Marysville :cool: Heck we cuold be neighbors LOL so where do ride/race @???

SHANE03EX
05-27-2004, 09:53 AM
I live pretty close to Marysville Pilchuck High. I usually ride in granite falls at p 5000 but always looking for new places. I race harescrambles at richland twice a year but no serious racing. I also see that RIDE motosports sponsors you. I work at Cascade Recycling Center straight across the street from there.

whiteboarder
06-02-2004, 06:44 PM
well here is my story from moses lake. me and my friends hopped in the truck a few days ago taking our quads then we headed off for moses lake then we arrived and unloaded the quads as fast as we could so we can get out and ride. we stayed there for a night and rode both days. this place is nice if you like alot of jumps. although it can be very dusty it was still loads of fun until me and my friends were jumping several different spots along this small dune and we made it into a table top because we were landing on the backside of it so then i thought the hill was the same all around so my jack arse decided to jump this section where there was no tracks and i had no clue what was on the other side so i took it fairly easy and hit it in 2nd on my ex then i reached the top of the hill and noticed the ground was gone i couldnt beleive it the ground was just gone then the next thing i know i smashed into a sand wall ohh that felt great well here was the situation the hill went up then down like 5 feet then across like 20 feet and i landed head on into the second section. i didnt get hurt nor did my bike so i started her back up and hit the hill faster and made a sweet double it was awesome. however just to let you know if you like quiet areas this place isnt there was people drunk of there arse dragging down the street right past our tent. also there was cars and trucks rallying all night. then sunday we were leaving and on the way out we saw the sherriff with a search and resque van and then we walked over to it and we saw that they were pulling something out of the water it was a toyota 4runner that some kids ralled and it rolled into the lake. well hope you like my interesting story.

dirtmomma
06-02-2004, 08:38 PM
LOL are you sure you weren't up camping w/ us HAHAHA!! There were drunks all over our camp haha OH I was one of them :o We had to play search & rescue to a buddy that let his bike go in the river, took about an hour or so to FIND it & then get it out LOL But we all had fun & at least he didn't go w/ it!!!!

QuadJunkies
06-03-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
LOL are you sure you weren't up camping w/ us HAHAHA!! There were drunks all over our camp haha OH I was one of them :o We had to play search & rescue to a buddy that let his bike go in the river, took about an hour or so to FIND it & then get it out LOL But we all had fun & at least he didn't go w/ it!!!! You WILD women you.......:D