PDA

View Full Version : baldwin carb?

bigz-71
04-28-2004, 08:36 PM
is anyone running the baldwin carb? Does he do any extra work to it?
i wanted to know what you think about it. i think he is over priced on the carb knowing i can get the carb for $400. i already have the works connection lever whick cost me 150 bucks and 28 dollars for a new cable.

lukester720
04-28-2004, 10:52 PM
I would contact c+d racing, gt thunder or jh racing. I talked to johnny from jh racing and he said that theirs was the same thing as baldwins. The prices for the complete kits were from 550 to 650 dollars which is cheaper than baldwins.

stealth400ex
04-29-2004, 06:45 AM
bigz-71
whAT CABLE DID YOU NEED FOR THAT BECAUSE I JUST ORDEED IT. CAN YOU LET ME NOW WHERE TO GET IT FROM.

bigz-71
04-29-2004, 07:23 AM
yea call mark baldwin, he has the cable and he was the only person who knew what i was talking about. i called the shop that i bought the lever from and they were like it has always worked. i was like b.s. somebody on here told me to call mark and when i called him he knew exactly what i was talking about.

call mark baldwin (www.baldwinmotorsports.com), it cost me $28 bucks plus shipping.

trxoryfz
04-29-2004, 07:54 AM
I bought the baldwin carb and full exhaust. The only problem is I was told the jetting would be close, but it was way off. I went from a 42 pilot at two turns to a 55 pilot at 4 turns to get it to idle right and respond at low throttle. I also had to drop my clip to the bottom and go from a 170 main to a 180. Now it runs real good but I have many hours in jetting. By the way, I am at sea level and 65 deg.

If anyone has put a fcr on their trx450 please let me know what you have for jettng and include approx. elevation and temp.