PDA

View Full Version : I have a major problem! Ideas??

kickin440
04-28-2004, 07:49 PM
I was cruzin down the driveway (second gear just off idle)
pull the clutch shifted up let off clutch touch the gas and the motor sounds like someone dropped a ball bearing in it.
slam on the brakes and kill it look for an oil trail nothing check the oil all fine fire it back up same thing sounds like the rod bearings are out all at once. anyone have any ideas for this one.
Its all stock have not touched a thing but the shocks and swingarm.

P.S if you are thinking about starting to bash on em.... don't
only looking for facts or serious thoughts.

thnx Kevin

WhiteZee
04-28-2004, 07:59 PM
ithe easiest thing to do would be take it back to the dealer, and come back and tell us what happened.

kickin440
04-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by WhiteZee
ithe easiest thing to do would be take it back to the dealer, and come back and tell us what happened.

Already done called them as soon as it happened (7:00 pm no less) let him hear it through the phone and he said " that doesn't sound good does it, load it up and bring it in in the morning thats why it has a warranty" So it will be fixed for free but I was just wondering if anyone has even heard of anything like this on the bikes or the quads.

Kevin

4FIDDYRHRC
04-28-2004, 08:37 PM
I was fartin around on mine today and did about the same thing.. I found that compared to my banshee i can hear alot more chain noise.. in third gear just above idle the engine wants to jerk due to the low rpm causing the chain to jerk and make noise. even when riding normally i can haer the chain goin around. i took me awhile to get used to but in lower gears it does make a wierd sound but it sound like chain noise to me.. and it is adjusted ok.. just my 2 cents ;)

rap169
04-28-2004, 09:12 PM
def let us know what they find.

kickin440
04-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 4FIDDYRHRC
I was fartin around on mine today and did about the same thing.. I found that compared to my banshee i can hear alot more chain noise.. in third gear just above idle the engine wants to jerk due to the low rpm causing the chain to jerk and make noise. even when riding normally i can haer the chain goin around. i took me awhile to get used to but in lower gears it does make a wierd sound but it sound like chain noise to me.. and it is adjusted ok.. just my 2 cents ;)

No, this is a knocking in the motor like a rod noise. :)

04-28-2004, 09:35 PM
hope its nothing serious b/c im not getting extended warranty on mine

kickin440
04-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

Me too! :D But at least the dealer is going to stand behind it no questions asked.. that means a lot. I don't know what it could be it probably only has about ten hours on it.:( Maybe just a bad bearing or something..... I hope

JDiablo
04-28-2004, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

i thought you where getting a cannondale?and you going to put a cobra on this one too?lmfao.....jus kidding(i hope your the right person tho about the cobra pipe:huh )

04-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
i thought you where getting a cannondale?and you going to put a cobra on this one too?lmfao.....jus kidding(i hope your the right person tho about the cobra pipe:huh ) the cannondale fell through before I couls sell mine...I was the on with the cobra but I only had it on for a few weeks before I took it off...Im ight put the cobra on the 450r tho...:rolleyes:

2004TRX450R
04-29-2004, 09:07 AM
You are lugging it. These engines do not like to be lugged and will make a knocking noise if you try. What you describe is normal. These engines like to rev. You can't lug them like you could a 400EX.

04-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
You are lugging it. These engines do not like to be lugged and will make a knocking noise if you try. What you describe is normal. These engines like to rev. You can't lug them like you could a 400EX. aesome...so the noise is normal...that is good to know

400exBro
04-29-2004, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
You are lugging it. These engines do not like to be lugged and will make a knocking noise if you try. What you describe is normal. These engines like to rev. You can't lug them like you could a 400EX.

yup whenever i lug mine it makes a loud noise... just to much load on the engine and it barely is staying on... rev the bugger to the moon and your good to go...
if it does it at idle you are not moving then you have a problem

Manny55
04-29-2004, 03:00 PM
Yea rev that baby up. If you can't stand that noise go with the 13t. It helps tremendously. I bought my renthal 13t front sprocket from Rockymountainatv.com it cost be around 18 bucks which included the shipping.

kickin440
04-29-2004, 06:03 PM
You guys crack me up :p I know the bike a little better than that.

1. How do you lug a motor kicking it or when it idles?
2. Why would a dealer start it and say "that thing sounds trashed."
3. Why would it be sitting at the dealership with the side cover off and the clutch input shaft cracked and almost broken off?

Come on guys not everyone is stupid...;) :D

kickin440
04-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by rap169
def let us know what they find.

The Honda tech line said to check it and there it is He said they have heard of this happening twice(three now) swears there will be nothing to worry about from now on. was a machining problem
looked like the splining machine had cut to deep and weakened it
a little so it cracked. Problem solved! Might even be getting a whole new one instead of getting that one fixed! They are really trying to make it right.:)

4fiddyR
04-29-2004, 07:28 PM
What was machined wrong???

04-29-2004, 09:36 PM
so the 6 month warranty covers this right if mine was to happen with this?

lukester720
04-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 4FIDDYRHRC
I found that compared to my banshee i can hear alot more chain noise.. ;) the only chain in the banshee is the one that goes around the sprocket.