PDA

View Full Version : I ordered a EHS airbox lid today.

kazpr
04-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Will post a picture of it installed once I get it. He told me would be about 1 week before he could get to mine. He has alot of back orders to fill.
http://www.ehsracing.com/ is the url to them for the ones that do not know what they are.

sparky450AR
04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
just to let you know ahead of time, it leaks water! I spent 60 on two of them for a 330ex and a 416, i was told water will not get through. The first thing i did was take it to the sink and there was the water leaking through. So if anyone want to buy one for a 400ex, ive got a brand neew one sitting in the garage.

kazpr
04-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Ok thanks sparky luckily I will just be using it to help filter sand and dirt out.

sparky450AR
04-28-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by kazpr
Ok thanks sparky luckily I will just be using it to help filter sand and dirt out.

youll love it then! They are god lookin too, polish it up!

kazpr
04-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Ok cool thanks sparky you had me worried there for a minute :)

brif
04-28-2004, 07:09 PM
I ordered one today also. I ordered just the kit and he said I may have it by the end of the week( it would have been longer to get one already installed on his lid). I had one on a z400 and loved it thats why I purchased another one. The thing you have to realize is you can't dunk it and exspect it not to leak water, but in my experience a splash will run right off and not leak in. If you are submersing your machine in water, run the stock lid. If your riding a trail and hit a patch of water, it will just run off............

WhiteZee
04-28-2004, 07:34 PM
i think the price is a little high, i dunno if its worth the money.

kazpr
04-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Ya white you can pretty easily make one yourself for less. But I figured I like the idea I can just order it and put it on. They look cool and I like to help support small people :)

sparky450AR
04-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by brif
I ordered one today also. I ordered just the kit and he said I may have it by the end of the week( it would have been longer to get one already installed on his lid). I had one on a z400 and loved it thats why I purchased another one. The thing you have to realize is you can't dunk it and exspect it not to leak water, but in my experience a splash will run right off and not leak in. If you are submersing your machine in water, run the stock lid. If your riding a trail and hit a patch of water, it will just run off............

If your completely submurging your bike under water, your gonna need a motor rebuild.

Water doesnt run off of these lids because the aluminum around the outerwear material works as a dam, it traps the water ontop of the outerwear, which water WILL get through. You may be able to cut chunks out of the aluminum to let water drain. If you run in the woods, you probably shouldnt run these. You WILL find water in the bottom of your airbox.

washington450
04-28-2004, 10:44 PM
Well you'll prolly be finding even more water in your air box with no lid at all...i couldn't find a price on there how much did you guys pay for one?

Woody_YFZ
04-28-2004, 11:03 PM
Mine was $90 for my YFZ, I'm assuming the TRX would be similar.

kazpr
04-29-2004, 05:17 AM
Ya $90 for the fully made one. I wanted to keep my airbox lid for washing the bike and who knows what else.

EHSRACING
04-29-2004, 04:30 PM
hey sparky if you were unhappy in anyway you could have and still can call me about it i do have a 100% satisfaction garantee and i do stand behind it. The filters are only water repellent and i do fell that they work very well. Thanks EHS RACING 607-847-8765

kazpr
04-29-2004, 04:31 PM
Snap sparky ask and you shall receive :) EHS get back to making them airbox covers please :)

sparky450AR
04-29-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by EHSRACING
hey sparky if you were unhappy in anyway you could have and still can call me about it i do have a 100% satisfaction garantee and i do stand behind it. The filters are only water repellent and i do fell that they work very well. Thanks EHS RACING 607-847-8765

Hey man, you do have a great product, its just i ride in the woods a lot, and i know what water does to your motor. I think the satisfaction gaurantee is awesome, thanks for the offer.

EHSRACING
04-29-2004, 05:26 PM
No Prob sparky i agree that water can suck severly. I try real hard to mantain my customer satisfaction and i do get concerned if i have even one unhappy customer. I do plan on to keep growing so i want EHS to be a name that people trust. If you need anything else let me know.

brif
04-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by sparky450AR
If your completely submurging your bike under water, your gonna need a motor rebuild.

Water doesnt run off of these lids because the aluminum around the outerwear material works as a dam, it traps the water ontop of the outerwear, which water WILL get through. You may be able to cut chunks out of the aluminum to let water drain. If you run in the woods, you probably shouldnt run these. You WILL find water in the bottom of your airbox.
I haven't experienced any problems or leakage and I run 4-5 mud drags a year.

sparky450AR
04-29-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by brif
I haven't experienced any problems or leakage and I run 4-5 mud drags a year.

Well, thats odd.:)

IL400EX
05-13-2004, 09:20 AM
I bought the lid assembly for my 400EX. This product looks awesome and appears to be well built. As for someone worring about water running off, I'm pretty sure that all the water that gets on mine gets bounced off. Not to say that some water won't make it in to your airbox, I have had lots of water in my airbox with my stock lid without any problems, only hydrolocked it once.

The EHS lid provided me a way to gain performance from additional air flow and still ride XC.