PDA

View Full Version : Best MX tire setup

Out_Sider
04-28-2004, 04:32 PM
Aight, i'm in the market for some mx tires. What i'm looking at is the Kenda Klaw MXF and use a Maxxis Razr mx rear. But i also got to looking at the Kenda Knarly mx rear. The itps arent really an option anymore because of how they wear and the price you have to pay for them :eek2: But at my last race i talked to a boy who had a 400ex and he runs the Klaw mxf w/ razr mx rear combo and he says its been the best he's tried and he used to have klaws all around then got razr mx's all around and he likes this set up the best, but then another boy told me to run itp mx fronts w/ tamer rears. I'm just a little confused on what to get. the track conditions vary from soft-intermediate to dry and hard packed.. and somewhat slick in the corners, but they also get muddy..what do you guys think?

roostin_dale
04-28-2004, 04:39 PM
don't get holeshot fronts/tammer rears. i ran that on two of my old quads and i have no idea why, i hated it.

Look into a set of Razr Mx's, holeshots will wear down crazy fast!

Out_Sider
04-28-2004, 04:48 PM
wat about the klaw/razr set up, that seems to be a good combo, or should i just go razr all around?

roostin_dale
04-28-2004, 04:59 PM
not sure on that one, neve rode on Klaw rears. I have rode a quad with holeshot/klaw and it seemed ok, not as good as the razrs though

dsracer666
04-28-2004, 05:58 PM
the best combo I've ever had was razors front and MXRs in the rear. the mxr's do were fast, but wore they still get twice as much grip compared to tammers.

Out_Sider
04-28-2004, 07:34 PM
yah, but i think im going razr mx's all around, it'll either be the klaws or razrs, but im leaning towards the razrs since i already have maxxis trail tires, and i like them so i figure why not buy them again :cool:

Florida400EX
04-28-2004, 07:41 PM
Look here http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104596 that should help you decide. I need more votes/ posts, I want to see which one is the favortie guys!!!
thanks!

Atreyu
04-28-2004, 08:11 PM
Razr MX's. :cool:

cabex
04-28-2004, 08:37 PM
i love my klaws, no other tire for me!