PDA

View Full Version : fmf hi flo header?

barbwire44
08-24-2001, 11:26 AM
Just wanting to know if anyone has tried the fmf hi flo header.
And what they thought about it, I have a powercore IV-2 silencer and have been thinking about the head pipe.

tinner
08-24-2001, 11:40 AM
I have the Hi-Flo pipe on mine.It gave it more low end grunt.The pipe diameter is larger.I don't know what else to tell you about it.The Power bomb would probably be a better pipe to buy,I know that Rico has one and is pleased with it.I lucked out and got mine on E-bay for Around $120.00,otherwise I would have probably gone with a DMC or something similar to that.Either way it made a difference so I couldnt go wrong.Jim

barbwire44
08-25-2001, 08:39 AM
i thought about the power bomb but from what ive read its not a big performance gain they say its more of a sound reducer with a little gain in the mid range.

08-27-2001, 10:48 AM
The powerbong will give you more power from top to bottom,,it will not make the bike quieter,,maybe while sitting at idle but once you put it in gear and put the hammer down it's still loud. I like my setup and recommend it to anybody,,the biggest difference in power gains is mainly mid to top,,,with a little in the bottom end..

Oh and don't get the hi flow pipe,,,not that it's junk you'll just get more out of the powerbong..:devil Even the FMF techs will tell ya the same thing...:D