PDA

View Full Version : future updates

trout
04-28-2004, 02:37 PM
This is a hypothetical.............but,

If the 05' 450R or any future version comes with updates/fixes/ new innovations/EFI/new linkage setups/etc. etc. etc
WILL the current 04' 450R have an upgrade path to the new stuff?

For example, if they introduce EFI, will it be able to be retro-fitted to the current engine? If they update the swingarm and make is longer ar a different linkage design, will it be available and campatible with the current bike?

Thanks for your time,
Trout

kazpr
04-28-2004, 02:44 PM
There is already a update for the swingarm. Elka has it.

trout
04-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Mainly asking, Do I loose anything buying now, or conversly, do I gain anything by waiting.

make sense?

Trout

kazpr
04-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Well I thought of that alot before I bought mine. Then I figured I was going to change swing arms and a arms and other things on it anyways.
I will not buy the xtra parts until this winter in hopes that all the tricks and bugs in aftermarket are all worked out. Seems Walsh and Elka are on top of it now.

sparky450AR
04-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by trout
Mainly asking, Do I loose anything buying now, or conversly, do I gain anything by waiting.

make sense?

Trout

I know exactly what you are saying, but honda made a great bike. And knowing honda they probably wont change much unless there is a major problem, which there isnt. I may be wrong though. I thought this same thing before buying mine, then i thought hell with it you could say the same thing for the 05, 06, 07's ect ect ect. Live while you can man!! Just one thing, RIDE RED!

one question though, i dont know much about efi, but would it work well with a kick?

trout
04-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Dont know for sure if it would work with a kick, but I would think that it would.

However, youll need a battery so they might as well put a magic button on there while they are at it.

Trout

brif
04-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Just buy one. If you wait thinking it's going to be better you could be waiting your whole life. I think now we'll start to see some better things coming in the future from all the manufacturers. If something better comes out, just trade thats what I do, then again I'm also wondering why I never seem to be getting ahead also..........

TDS-450R
04-28-2004, 07:55 PM
you say elka has fix for swing arm. whats wrong with it? whats the fix

Fred55
04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
the 450r rear linkage needs to be better for racing.

sparky450AR
04-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Fred55
the 450r rear linkage needs to be better for racing.

why? is it travel, ive heard alot of people complain, but im still not sure what about. Fill me in.