PDA

View Full Version : Quad tracks in Phoenix area?

F-16Guy
04-28-2004, 12:14 PM
I've been thinking of getting into racing and was wondering if anyone knew which tracks in the Phoenix area (preferably the West side) allowed quads. What do most tracks require for equipment? I'm assuming boots/gloves/helmet etc. I know you have to have a kill switch; what about nerf bars?

ajcroft
04-28-2004, 08:11 PM
To my knowledge there are 3 tracks in your general area. The track that I ride the most is ETmotopark. That track is in Queen Creek. The website is www.etmotopark.com It cost $20.00 to get in, and they are open sat, and sunday from 6am to 11.
There are two others that I am not familiar with one is called Speed World, and the other is Thrasherland.
Here is some info on Speed world

Az State Route-60 or Grand ave. (road to Wickenburg) N.E. to Jomax road, then west to track. If coming from West side of Phoenix take 303 loop north to Grand Ave. If coming from North Phoenix take I-17 to Bell Rd, then west to Grand Ave.

I hope this helps

ajcroft
04-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Sorry I left some stuff out.
As far as stuff that you need, the nerf bars, kill switch, and all of that stuff/ At Et you only need that if you are racing. Those things are required. If you are not racing, and you just want to run the track, all you need is your bike.

F-16Guy
04-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the reply. Queen Creek is quite a drive, but Speed World and Thrasherland are both close. I actually used to practice at Thrasherland when I had my CR250. They've since rebuilt their track, but I didn't know they allowed quads. Thanks again.

400grl
04-29-2004, 01:14 PM
Hey!!! You will love the tracks - they are addictive!! Speedworld is an awesome track - great for quads, because the tracks are wide and pretty long....there are several tracks there. The Main Track (National track) is the funnest one......quads are allowed on the main track during the week anytime the track is open...but on weekends, they usually limit the time the quads can run on the Main Track to keep the bikes happy.....we usually get to go on the last couple of hours....but there is also the Front Track (Vintage track) that you can ride anytime.......

If you want to get the whole scoop on MX racing in AZ, go to www.gomxracing.com - it's our local AZ racing site....there is a forum with us quad racers on it.....you can ask anything you want....lots of track info on the site...race schedules...practice info...phone numbers!! :)

For practice, you don't need anything on your quad.....but for racing, yes - nerfs, kill switch, and number plates are a must at all races. I would strongly suggest these even for practice....as well as a good chest protector, a good helmet, and some good boots!!! :)

Hope that helps - if you decide to race, PM me and I will see if I can help you out with any questions!!

Corry