PDA

View Full Version : remodeling.....

andrew360
04-28-2004, 01:42 AM
I am getting very sick of the routine:

Up at 7 a.m., take daughter to school at 7:45. Play with the boy, give him to mom at 10 a.m. Work on house until 1:30 p.m (currently finishing up a complete kitchen remodel); Get ready for work, arrive at work by 2:30 p.m. Work anywhere from 9 - 15 hours, come home, either crash and burn, or work on detail/cleanup from morning's work done - repeat daily, up to 6 days a week.

I bought the place from my parents, and admittedly got a sweet deal, but lord almighty, they weren't kidding when they said it needed some work. The bright side is, there's only two rooms left to go, then it's carpet throughout, and relax and enjoy until the wife decides she doesn't like it :rolleyes:

Just venting and getting that off my chest!

Hammer trx450r
04-28-2004, 04:49 AM
Just think i do it for work and then i do it when i get home:(

derekhonda
04-28-2004, 05:57 AM
yeah, i know how you feel. I have been working on a garage/poolhouse the last month while also dealing with school and a ****load of homework. The last two weeks myschedule was 630 wake up, 7-15 go to school, arrive home at 3, work 3-6 out in the barn, eat dinner, 6-9 was usually spent on homework and projects, and then a guy would come over and help me put another 4 or so hours into the building. It was getting rediculous. Its lots better this week i dont have anymore homework.

SSracingNY
04-28-2004, 08:46 AM
word. My family has been remodeling out kitchen which then led into the bathroom thats next to the kitchen. now when thats done we are repainting our living room and kinda open space that leads to the new sliding glass door we put in. every year we've done somthing. 1st was repaint the house when we moved in, then it went to the basement which is still being done, then the roof, siding, other bathroom. id like to know whats next. my dad wants to build a barn in the back yard now. pretty sweet for me, gets my stuff out of the garage and less lawn to mow:D