PDA

View Full Version : Read this about GT Thunder!!

deepcj7
04-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm giving HUGE props to Laz Sommers at GT Thunder. About a week ago I received the 400EX rear link and rebuilt shock Just in time for the Eddyville race here in WA, for those that don't know it's a GP with MX section. What a friggin difference to the TCS conversion I had. Very confidence inspiring.
Now the bad news. About an hour into my ride I blew my shock out. The canister split, the c-clip fell out and the cap and all the oil shot out. It was done, along with my race weekend.
Now the good news. When I got home I emailed Laz with my problem, and within a half hour he called my home told me to box it up and send it to him next day air free of charge and he would have me riding by the weekend. He was going to replace the shock body and all the internal parts I lost and valve to my specs and then next day air it back to me. I should receive it tomorrow. Now that is customer service like I've never seen before. I am 99% sure that my misfortune was not even his fault, just coincidence that he was the last person to go into it. When ever possible I will be a customer of GT Thunder and I recommend the same for all of you because he goes above and beyond.

Pics of damage can be seen on RACING section under Eddyville race.

bradley300
04-27-2004, 11:12 PM
i agree with you there, excellent customer service, and he has probaly forgotten more about quads than i will ever be able to learn, lol laz is a genius, and the only person that will touch either of my motors

komatsu kid
04-28-2004, 04:59 AM
he is the man hands down!!!!!!

zephead400ex
04-28-2004, 09:35 AM
Thats cool. You cannot beat great customer service. Thanks for the post.

Shawn H
04-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Was the best kept secret in GNCC racing.Now everyone knows he's the best IMO.

UglyMotha™
04-28-2004, 11:34 AM
yup http://www.exriders.com/vbb/images/icons/icon14.gif

04-28-2004, 02:44 PM
Laz is a very Professional and great person to deal with both on and off the track. Too bad he's not racing my class again this year, I was hopin ta whoop up on em all year...:devil:

NacsMXer
04-28-2004, 04:05 PM
I gotta give mad props to Laz too. He answers any question you could possibly have and he gets your shizzy done and back to you in no time. I can't wait to go home and try out my new stroker motor he built. The things been layin in the box in my garage ready to go for the past three weeks while i'm stuck here at school meanwhile for one more week takin finals.:grr: Also, thanks a lot Rico for recommending Laz to me, im really happy with my decision. :D

JOEX
04-29-2004, 09:11 PM
That's good to hear! Glad they took care of you:)

Did they rebuild your fronts too?