PDA

View Full Version : white bros rev box

foxplaya4life33
04-27-2004, 09:07 PM
is there any thing that you can do to take away the starting problem with the white bros rev kit, like a more powerfull battery or something like that

cals400ex
04-27-2004, 10:54 PM
you can get a more powerful battery from pappy, but i would just trash that rev box and if your bike is stock just run the stock rev box. if your bike is modded internally, i would find a different rev box.

EXDUNER127
04-28-2004, 09:39 AM
My bike starts right up with my rev box, but i dont know if my carb helps with that at all cause iput them on at the same time..?

foxplaya4life33
04-28-2004, 12:04 PM
does anybody know what kind of battery i could buy

04-28-2004, 12:14 PM
Battery has to be at full charge all the time. Sell it and buy a better one is all I can suggest. Unless you like buying a new battery every 6 months to keep the cheap POS working...:o

quadmx7
04-28-2004, 03:10 PM
i havent had any trouble starting mine with the wb rev box

KY Woods Rider
04-28-2004, 03:34 PM
The two best things to do is make sure the quad is jetted correctly and keep a good battery in it.

I'm not absolutely certain, but if I remember correctly, the commonly used higher CCA battery is a Yuasa YT12A-BS. Some people have had local dealers to order them, but Pappy sells them. I think he had a post about them in the For Sale section a while back too.

I've had my WB rev box since right after they first came out, and the only time I've ever had a problem was back a few weeks ago. I didn't have time to ride for a while and then I got sick, so I just let the quad sit for about 3 weeks. When I went to start it, it was a no go, it couldn't turn it over fast enough to start with the WB, but after I roll started and ran it for a while, it re-started fine.

I'm running a stock battery in mine due to a basically stock motor that it can turn over easily, but after the little incident mentioned above, I expect I'll have to be buying a new battery before too long. I'm going to go with the Yuasa higher CCA battery when I need another one though.

gojk
04-28-2004, 03:48 PM
I have had my WB box for 2 1/2 years now and I haven't had any probs with it. I still have the original battery on my quad also. Now I have a 416 with an 11:1 piston and it still starts right up.

foxplaya4life33
04-28-2004, 09:28 PM
thanks for all the help i didnt have a prob with it till a week ago and i just hooked up a car portable jump cable thing and it fired up right away

woprs50
04-28-2004, 11:12 PM
is it true that most of the aftermarket ignition boxes are just xr 250 boxes ? cause if they are i just so happen to have a blown up xr 250 in my garage i guess ill give it a try sometime i looked aty it and the plugs are the same and i know my xr reved ALOT higher than the 400 ever did :confused: