PDA

View Full Version : Riding in Wva

Chino
03-17-2002, 02:42 PM
I was just wondering if anyone new any good places to ride at in west virginia. I am plannig on making a trip down to the Hatfield Mccoy trail. Has anyone ever rode that trail and if so how is it like terrian wise is it ruff difficult or just a fun ride?

Im me on aol ex400ryder

redzoomer
03-18-2002, 05:05 AM
Which trail are you talking about? Hatfield and McCoy have three different trailheads. The trails are really good in most places. Alot of the trails are wide open. Some are steep and rocky. There is a wide variety of riding, you won't be dissapointed.
I have also heard of a place called pinnacle creek but have never been there.

Taco
03-18-2002, 06:21 AM
hello fellow West By God Virginian. Where ya located at?

Chino
03-18-2002, 11:48 AM
tacostrk I am located in wild and wonderful preston county home of the Buckwheat Festival. Where bouts u located fellar?

02 yellow ex
22X12.5X9 spidertracs
supertrapp ids 2 slip on
dg front bumper
shockwears shockcovers
dg full chasis skid
dg a arm skid
dg swing arm skid

Taco
03-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Huntington but we usually get into some good Wayne County riding.

breadman400ex
02-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Harrison Co. here... anybody near by?

breadman400ex
03-12-2003, 02:52 PM
where are these hatfield and mccoy's trails that I see everyone talking about... I know they are in west virginia somewhere.... but now sure where....

panteramatt
03-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Hey matt here from crappy nj, just writing to tell yall what a great state you have and wish I could move down there (no work). Half my family lives there and I actually went to Fairmont State College! Lots of good ridin down there. Hey, find me a job so I can enjoy those GREAT OUTDOORS!

needaride
03-14-2003, 07:00 AM
Hey guys! I am in Putnam county.

Hatfield/McCoys trails are located in south western WV. The biggest area is around Logan. There are some new H/M trails near charleston in Boone county.

Chino,
If you want to race check out:

www.pkracing.com

He is based in Masontown in Preston county. Paul has races at Mtn Top and the Bike barn. He has a race in fairmont, ellenboro, reno, OH, etc...

My old college roomate races this series, (dirtbike).

You can still ride at Hard Rock, out Bunner's Ridge in fairmont. There really isnt public land that i know of up there, its mainly private land.

Hey Taco:
Where do you ride in Wayne county? Do you ever hit Ivy, down in Boone county? We have ridden there the past three weeks, great place, but its like a freakin maze.

needaride
03-14-2003, 08:40 AM
hey matt, when did you graduate & what program were you in at FSC. I graduated almost two years ago.

panteramatt
03-14-2003, 10:35 AM
well to be honest with you I transferred back here after only 2 semesters. (TOO much drinking, not enough studying)!I was there in 96 and was studying criminal justice.

MotoXC33
03-19-2003, 03:43 PM
I like in Preston County too. I ride mainly woods trails and there is one place, it's an old strip mine. Its fun to play on. It has tons of hills and a couple gob piles. But you can only ride the same places so many times then they get boring. That site you were talking about is www.pkoffroadracing.com. For some reason it's down now. Paul Is my cousin. I race his series. I took #1 in C class at bike barn weekend before last.:)

Chino
03-20-2003, 03:42 PM
Hatfield trails are down in logan county here is a website i belive it still works www.trailsheaven.com

trailhouseowner
03-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Chino,
The Hatfield-McCoy Trails are located in Logan, Mingo, and Boone counties which is in the southern part of WV. There are currently 4 trailheads. The newest trail to open is called Waterways Trail (which is in Boone County). The newest trail is supposed to be the easiest trail to ride. Bear Wallow is a steep rocky trail with some rough terrain. It is located in Logan County. Buffalo Mtn. Trail and Browning Fork Trail are located in Mingo County. These two trails will soon be joined together by a connector trail. The longest trail is the Browning Fork Trail. All the trails are well marked and are rated by level of difficulty. Sometime soon another trail will be open in Wyoming County. It is at Pinnacle Rock. I don't know a whole lot about that trail. I also heard last night that Bear Wallow would be connected to Browning Fork Trail in the somewhat near future. That info did not come from the HM Office so I am not sure how true it is. Everyone that I have ever talked to that has rode the trails love them. I have never talked to any one who was disappointed. If you have any questions, contact me. I live in Mingo County right off of the Browning Fork Trail. If I can't answer your question, I will try to find someone who can.