PDA

View Full Version : Replacing stock Battery

03-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Picked a new battery up today that has 230 cca. However its one inch taller than stock. Anyone have any luck relocating the battery? Dont think it will fit in the present spot due to the seat/plastic setup.
I would hate to replace it with one the size of the stock (just aint enough there on cold mornings) Kinda wierd that the reacon and others simular all take the larger battery.
One would recon there trying to keep the weight and size to a min, but it should be able to perform if you dont live in cal.

"BLAHH"300!!
03-17-2002, 02:10 PM
it wouldn't take much to make a box out of sheet metal thats a little deeper...then you could mount it in the same place. i would have gotten the same size battery that came with it. but i've never had a problem with cranking mine. "tik tik vroom" i'm runnin'
but yeah go find you someone that knows sheet metal or some other type metal real good that can make you a deeper box..take your bike and your battery with you and tell em' whats up.. they prolly won't charge you much for it...just make sure that no metal is touching the posts or anything like that on the battery. maybe line the inside with a little strip of rubber and glue it down...

or get you an aluminum air box. but those make the battery sit flush too. best bet would be the home made battery box

...later:blah