PDA

View Full Version : How to get stock 300ex hand grips off

Towlieee
04-27-2004, 03:48 PM
How do i get stock 300ex hand grips off? I need to put them on some new bars i got for free, I bent the crap out of the stock ones..

also, anyone know how to adjust the steering cloumn so its straight? it aims left to go straight

ReconRider25
04-27-2004, 05:15 PM
im not sure if its the same on the 300, but unscrew the knobs at the ends, and then cut off the grips with a utility knife. but why would you take the stock grips off if you got new bars? you dont wanna reuse grips, cuz they wont wanna stay on the second time you use them. besides, theyre like 5-10 bucks.;) and about the steering, check to make sure your tierods arent bent, and dont bend them or the steering stem back if theyre bent. its safer to replace them cuz next time theyll break. also if they just have to be adjusted, theres a nut and a jamnut/locknut on the tierods, and you move these to align the tires.

400rider01
04-27-2004, 06:04 PM
for the grips unscrew the sides and use an air compressor to blow the grips right off it is alot easier than cutting them off

Towlieee
04-27-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
im not sure if its the same on the 300, but unscrew the knobs at the ends, and then cut off the grips with a utility knife. but why would you take the stock grips off if you got new bars? you dont wanna reuse grips, cuz they wont wanna stay on the second time you use them. besides, theyre like 5-10 bucks.;) and about the steering, check to make sure your tierods arent bent, and dont bend them or the steering stem back if theyre bent. its safer to replace them cuz next time theyll break. also if they just have to be adjusted, theres a nut and a jamnut/locknut on the tierods, and you move these to align the tires.

thanks..

im just broke tell i get a paycheck in 2 weeks.. so i coudlen't buy grips. I ended up using my bicycle grips. Tierods arn't bent, I think the steering has been off since we boguht it.