PDA

View Full Version : Denton Steering stabilizer.. again

James Parent
04-27-2004, 12:11 PM
The 250r denton steering stabilizer is the same as the 400ex right? its the same chasis but i'm just not sure..
also if i get a non rebuildable is that alright? or will i have to do work on it sooner or later

NacsMXer
04-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm not too sure if the Denton stabilizer is the same for the 250 and 400. I bought my Denton like 3 years ago when the rebuildables weren't even out yet and mine is still going strong. I'm just going to buy a new one when it goes out instead of forking over the extra $$ for the rebuildable one.

James Parent
04-27-2004, 12:19 PM
still adjustable and all right?

http://www.terryracing.com/productDetails.asp?pid=18
that was the one i was looking at

04'400ex'er
04-27-2004, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by James Parent
[B]The 250r denton steering stabilizer is the same as the 400ex right? its the same chasis but i'm just not sure..

Correction. It's not the same chassis. they are very similar but not the same this might affect the stabilizer.

boogiechile
04-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Same stabilizer for the r and the ex. The steering stem is the same size on both and the frame bracket is made for square or round tubing so it works on either type frame. So the same kit is sold for both quads.

Woodsrider
04-27-2004, 09:26 PM
Umm, someone correct me if I am wrong, but that one only has three adjustment stops where the rebuildable one has seven. The mounting clamps are the same for a 250r, 300 and 400ex. So I dont see why it wouldnt work. However I think the price seems kinda high. Try C&D racing for a price.

As far as the whole rebuild thing, its like twenty bucks for a rebuild kit and you can do it in about twenty minutes. I rebuilt one for a friend, that he bought off Ebay for $35. So he was in it about $55 and had a dampner as good as mine for less than half the price.

Ther is a night and day differnce in the quality between the disposible and the rebuildable. Here is mine

greenhuman
04-28-2004, 03:23 AM
The non-rebuildable has seven adjustments. I have noticed the rebuildables with the heim joints wobble around all over the place. The cheaper one is a more solid fit.

Woodsrider
04-28-2004, 09:20 PM
Thats because they are too cheap to squirt a little grease in the joint when they assemble them and most people cant find a grease fitting to fit the joint so it stays dry. If you fill it with grease it doesn't flop nearly as bad.

If the disposible one has the same amout of adjustment, It should be fine for the average woods rider. To be honest, I just bought the rebuildable one because it looks better to me.

James Parent
04-28-2004, 09:34 PM
i just got back from my first time at a motorcross track, and ordered the Non-rebuildable one last night..

i have the worst blisters ever

protraxrptr17
04-29-2004, 09:52 PM
What kind of grease gun tip are you supposed to use to grease it? I have never seen a fitting like the one on my Denton. Please let me know. Mine rattles terribly.

muff
04-30-2004, 05:01 AM
its suppose to have play in it. this way when it goes throughout the travel it will have a less chance at binding against something and bending the shaft

it is a good idea to keep everything moving freely, but i wouldnt do anythign to stop any of the movement that it has. if your stabilizer binds up (at the mounting joints) at any point in a turn then you dont have it mounted correctly

and yes ther 250r/400ex dampers are the same, its the way the frame clamp is designed

the denton dampers have the 7-click adjustment, the PEP is the one that has 3 and is a real PIA to adjust and I would not recommend that one

QuadJunkies
04-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by James Parent
i just got back from my first time at a motorcross track, and ordered the Non-rebuildable one last night..

i have the worst blisters ever I used to blister up too, and I still do to a degree...All you can do is keeping riding more and calous (sp?)up those hands!:D Also try a different set of grips and check yourgloves that they are not too tight, I was told to get ones that fit my hands better....mine actually made my hands blister more than wearing a looser fitting glove....Gloves, you just have to experiment with .I also found try staying away from gloves that have stitiching "in and out " of the area that you tend to blister more in..... A Damper wont do alot for blistrs I dont think,but the others things will......;) Hope you like your stabilizer, I just got min on last wekk and OMG........what a difference!!!! My Wrist dont ache as bad and I dont get that"wandering" like I had before........

James Parent
04-30-2004, 12:53 PM
yea i know the stabilizer wont help with blisters that much.. but it was my first time on a real track and i had a death grip on the bars, i'm sure that was a reason too

blisters inside of blisters are the best :)

seatec
04-30-2004, 12:56 PM
I'd also like to know what knd of tip you use for that mini zerk on the Denton. i have asked this question in several forums and nobody knows.

Mikey
04-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by seatec
I'd also like to know what knd of tip you use for that mini zerk on the Denton. i have asked this question in several forums and nobody knows.

You should be able to remove the tip on your grease gun and put a needle on. Stick the needle in the ball of the zerk and squeeze the trigger. I used to have to use a needle on a lot of u-joints when I was a gease monkey. A true heim end or uniball should not be greased but have a light oil put on it.

Woodsrider
04-30-2004, 10:25 PM
I use a needle..... and patients. Its a bugger, but it doesnt need it very often to keep it from rattling.

If you ride fast enough, you dont really hear it rattle much:macho

(I hear mine a lot:o ) LOL

PF300ex
05-01-2004, 06:33 AM
I just put mine on last weekend and I can't hear it rattle over my hmf:D