PDA

View Full Version : trail tire help

andy9743
04-27-2004, 09:35 AM
i ride mostly on trails, old gravel pits and on semi-loose sand trails, i mess around with my buddies on the mx track occasionaly, but not often. i'm looking for new rear tires for my 400 (k&n, pro circuit slip on, rejet) i've been very happy with the stock tires other then having to put a tube in one of them, any recomendations on what to get next that may be better then stock? i'm really considering putting stock back on, unless i can get some SRTONG feedback otherwise. i like to be able to slid in the corners, i don't go in thick mud often, love to wheelie, and i'd like something that'll hold up. they'll be going back on the stock rims also, if you can please gimmie some prices, sizes and where to get them from. i don't know much about what changing the sizes will do to affect my performance, if i can get a good explanition i wouldn't be opposed to switching the sizes up for a bit more mid to top end maybe. only mods to my quad are listed. i ride with a dvx 400 and a raptor. if you guys have and SLIGHTLY used tires let me kno i may be interested if they'll work well for me.

thanks
andy

andy9743@aol.com :D

300exOH
04-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Kenda Knarly's would be perfect. They slide very well hook up even better and they are 6 ply and should hold up well. They come in 20" and I think 22" also. The 22's would give you more top end and ground clearance. I have the 20's myself and I am very happy with them. They greatly outperform the stock tires. I highly recommend them. Try C&D or the Quadshop for the best prices.

04'400ex'er
04-27-2004, 07:03 PM
I would look into the Maxxis RAZR II's, And the new Holeshot HD.
The Holeshot XCR's are also good, but are not as tough as the HD's.