PDA

View Full Version : retracting good feedback- crapbanshee32

Juggalo
04-26-2004, 11:46 PM
my friend bought a FCR41 mm from him a while back. i pretty much was the middle man in this deal as i set it all up and told each party who to send money to and whatnot. anyways i took his word for it that it was in good shape and working. instead of sending it to me or my friend i had nick send it to the guy who is building the engine. i asked him how it was and he said it looked to be in good shape. however i was down there yesterday helping with the rebuild and when we went to put the carb on we noticed the accelerator pump didn't move when then slide was opened! on closer inspection it appeared as if the metal lever that actualtes the pump is bent. so now we have to tear the carb apart and figure out whats wrong with it and hopefully get it ready to go before next weekenend when we need the quad for a big race. this quads going to be a turbo charged 416 so we can't have a faulty carb burnin up this quad. i saw nothing but good feedback from nick but seeing this really upset me. i don't know what to say except really make sure to get a good honest description from him before you buy. i would have caught this myself but it was at the builders shop for the last month or so.

crap-banshee32
04-27-2004, 05:32 AM
there was absolutely nothing wrong with the carb when i sent it, i used it on my 416 for almost a year with no problems at all.

so i do not know what happened.
all i know is it was in perfect condition when i sent it.

this really kinda of angers me....i would never ship a faulty product to someone.:(

Nick

AtvMxRider
04-27-2004, 01:44 PM
Are you sure the mechanic didn't drop it or something?

04-27-2004, 04:35 PM
The carb DID NOT work when i was using it to try and start my quad.

I would have to pump the accellarator myself to get fuel to come out. Otherwise, I would hit the throttle and nothing would happen.

I told Nick about this but he didnt care much.

crap-banshee32
04-27-2004, 04:37 PM
it worked fine for me...........never any problems..

curt....even your carb wasnt working on your quad at that time....so how do u know it was my carb that was screwed?

04-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Lets see Nick. I hit the throttle and no gas came out. Def the carb problem. Juggs is identifing the same problem I had with it, so its not me or my quad.

I told you there was a problem with the carb before you sold it. You didnt seem to want to fix it. Thats always good business.

Juggalo
04-27-2004, 04:49 PM
nick i doubt the mechanic broke it without fessing up to it. hes got a lot at stake with this quad. theres currently a deal in the works to get this quad/his shop a cover story in dirtwheels so why would he do something to jeapordize the quad and not tell us about it or not try and fix it? all that and not to mention hes a friend of ours. are you sure the accelerator pump worked when you had it? cuz it sure as hell doesn't work now. i doubt this was done in shipping too since the carb does appear to be fairly well worn. how do you plan on making this right with me? it wouldn't be so bad if you did it to me ya know but since it was for a friend it made me look bad for him and its delaying the build of the quad which we need done. thats the part that angers me the most.

04-27-2004, 04:55 PM
Just talked to Nick about helping Juggs out. And this is what i got.

Puff5er: you gonna help juggs out or not?
nEdMuNdSoN32: how?
Puff5er: give him money back
nEdMuNdSoN32: no
Puff5er: so he can fix the carb
Puff5er: why?
nEdMuNdSoN32: cause
nEdMuNdSoN32: its not my problem
nEdMuNdSoN32: the carb worked for me
Puff5er: yea it is, you sold him a faulty carb
nEdMuNdSoN32: it wansny my fault that its not working
Puff5er: i told you it wasnt working before you sold it
nEdMuNdSoN32: I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT I SOLD HIM
Puff5er: so you aint gonna help him out
nEdMuNdSoN32: nope

Good business Nick

AtvMxRider
04-27-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TeamCRC
Just talked to Nick about helping Juggs out. And this is what i got.

Puff5er: you gonna help juggs out or not?
nEdMuNdSoN32: how?
Puff5er: give him money back
nEdMuNdSoN32: no
Puff5er: so he can fix the carb
Puff5er: why?
nEdMuNdSoN32: cause
nEdMuNdSoN32: its not my problem
nEdMuNdSoN32: the carb worked for me
Puff5er: yea it is, you sold him a faulty carb
nEdMuNdSoN32: it wansny my fault that its not working
Puff5er: i told you it wasnt working before you sold it
nEdMuNdSoN32: I DONT GIVE A **** WHAT I SOLD HIM
Puff5er: so you aint gonna help him out
nEdMuNdSoN32: nope

Good business Nick

Thats just ****ed up.

04-27-2004, 05:04 PM
And now he blocked me on Instant Messenger. WTF?

The way I do business is to stand behind your product. I sold a Hinson clutch basket to Mike Boone, and it wasnt up to his stnadards, so I refunded him as much as he asked for. This is still your problem nick. Fix It!

mikeboone
04-27-2004, 06:25 PM
Nick--you need to fix this problem. If you dont want to refund the cash call C&D Racing and order him a new 41mm. We all need to work together on these buying and selling deals or we may not have a place to trade. :)

Kilabanshee
04-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Yeah I had a problem when I got my carb back from getting bored, It wouldnot spray the gas like you said I messed with the float bowl and a few small things and got it to work easily. Dave try messing with the carb for alittle if it doesnot work then then beat his arse:blah:

Juggalo
04-27-2004, 09:05 PM
nick even tho thats pretty crappy what you said about me on aim i am still willing to let this go just let me know what your willing to do to make this right with me. we need this thing up and running for next weekend. so now we have to spend extra time and money on that carb instead of getting the turbo dialed in.

killashee- we'll def pull the carb apart and see what we can do about it but the problem appears to be mechanical right now not something thats not adjusted correctly.

as for the rest of you guys- thanks i really appreciate the support

Juggalo
04-28-2004, 10:53 PM
nick...you haven't responded since crc posted your im conversation. please respond with somethin. this is def not making you look like a very reputable seller. are you sure you want to blow all your selling credentials when you could easily just fix the problem?

AtvMxRider
04-29-2004, 01:53 PM
bump

04-30-2004, 06:06 PM
TTT

Guy400
05-01-2004, 04:35 PM
Juggs, what's the latest on this? Has Nick responded to you at all? Let me know and we'll drop the hammer.

Juggalo
05-02-2004, 05:57 AM
the latest news is this- carb is worse off than we thought. not only is the accelerator pump bad but it also leaks gas. don't know exactly where from the builder said its leaking out of the top of the carb but i don't know if that quite makes sense. that problem may just be some floats that need to be adjusted but the builder knows what hes doing with carbs and i'm pretty positive if that were the case he'd fix that so i am thinking its something else. the carb was unusable for the turbo quad today so we had to use the stock carb for the big drag race today. in fact i am typing this right before we have to leave. and because the carb was not working it set us back a couple hours last night so we couldn't have it done to test ride. so we're racing a turbo charged 416EX with a stock carb (big loss of power there) and no time to get aqquainted with it thanks largely in part to the carb not working. my friend is pretty mad at me since i reassured him over n over that the carb would be fine (he was a little iffy about buying online) and then look what happened. nick has made no attempt to make ammends nor has he responded at all on the subject to me. i will try and get some pictures of the carb today so i can show you guys tonite.

Quadude32
05-02-2004, 07:50 AM
A Friend of mine was going to do biz with him until he read this......The Kid (He's only 17) sounds like a true Dink:mad:

AlaskaSpeed
05-02-2004, 07:59 AM
This is way screwed up of you, Nick. You need to do the right thing and refund this person's money and just be a man about it. I was in a similar situation as you with some TCS shocks I sold before and while I was upset by being accused at first; I let my pride go and did the right thing in the end. Ruining your name like you are isn't worth the small bit of money it will take to make things right.....JIM

Sporttrax400ex
05-02-2004, 01:41 PM
I bought of him and everything went perfect!

05-02-2004, 02:42 PM
fix the problem man...im 17 & buy & sell alot of things off thsi site & if something is wron ill fix the problem or something...i also sell alot on ebay too....do the right thing

05-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Sporttrax400ex
I bought of him and everything went perfect!

Only takes one screw up.........

smooth
05-02-2004, 05:25 PM
should have just went and bought a new one from service honda for 385 instead of a used one for a couple of hundred

Live2Ride300
05-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Simple fix, for a simple problem, refund all his money! Plus what he payed for shipping!

Juggalo
05-02-2004, 07:52 PM
we are talking on aim right now and things are going good. hes saying he wants to get things cleared up which is good but he says he can't do it right now. a faulty fuel pressure regulator took the turbo out of the race today so getting the carb working isn't as huge of an issue now but i'd still like some sort of reinbursment ya know. sounds like nicks willing to fix things with me when he gets the money another kid owes me. hopefully things will work out good and nick can go back to selling normally again. if he fixes this i won't be mad at him in fact i don't expect any hard feelings at all if he fixes this situation. so we'll see what happens..i'll keep you guys posted

thomez
05-03-2004, 04:42 PM
He should have some money, I just sent $800 for his shocks! :devil:

I hope this gets taken care of, he has been very easy for me to deal with.

Juggalo
05-08-2004, 02:43 PM
well i pmed him and asked for a little money back since he got that 800 bucks from the shocks..he read the message but hasn't responded. its been a few days now..nearly a week in fact. i have a feeling hes not gonna do anything to correct the situation :(

Chanman420q
05-09-2004, 11:21 AM
theres always that one bad apple, i just got screwed 100 bucks off ebay, dont think im gunna be dealing with that site much anymore