PDA

View Full Version : who has best silencier

trost66
04-26-2004, 09:28 PM
I was wondering who puts out the best silencier for the 400 ex.

250EXpwns
04-26-2004, 09:48 PM
Well it's really all just based on taste. There's tons of great pipes out there to choose from. I have a Pro Circuit T-4 and it does a great job IMO.

NacsMXer
04-27-2004, 11:23 AM
If you're asking which silencer (not full exhaust) makes the most power on a stock 400EX, then the Dirtwheels shootout test proved that the CT Racing slip on made the most power of the pipes tested. If youre asking which system will make the most power, it depends more on what motor mods you have. Some good pipes are the Sparks, HMF, CT, and Ive also heard good things about the new LTE dual exhaust. Post your motor mods you have now, what you intend to do in the future, and what kind of riding you do and we will be better able to select the correct pipe for you.

04'400ex'er
04-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
If you're asking which silencer (not full exhaust) makes the most power on a stock 400EX, then the Dirtwheels shootout test proved that the CT Racing slip on made the most power of the pipes tested. If youre asking which system will make the most power, it depends more on what motor mods you have. Some good pipes are the Sparks, HMF, CT, and Ive also heard good things about the new LTE dual exhaust. Post your motor mods you have now, what you intend to do in the future, and what kind of riding you do and we will be better able to select the correct pipe for you.

Ill second that. The white bros. e series slip on is great also. Here's ATV News's Full exhaust system shootout With the sparks making top HP. honors. http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961

quadmx7
04-27-2004, 03:24 PM
i currently have a CT slip-on on my 400ex right now but am about to order the sparks for my 426 motor. the CT added awsome power, it hasnt held up really well but great power. if u dont get the ct i would get the hmf. that thing is nice. got a sweet sounds and adds great power also.

MichaelS693
04-27-2004, 06:06 PM
TC has the best slip on... Sparks has the best full system:D :cool:

trost66
04-27-2004, 08:50 PM
i just have a stock 400 right now. I would like to get into mx.

chadmel
04-28-2004, 06:22 AM
I was looking at a new exhaust system also. What are your thoughts on either the Sparks or the Duncan System. I will run a K & N filter with airbox lid off and a Dynajet Kit. Thanks in advance.