PDA

View Full Version : light controls removal

Shawn H
04-26-2004, 07:19 PM
Before anyone tells me to search I tried and could not find anything on removing the light control switches.

I want to remove the key and the light controls anyone have some info on what wires to put together or what not?

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance

rowlrag
04-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Just unplug all the connectors under the hood from the combo switch on the handle bar. Splice into the black with white stripe wire from the key for a tether and ground the other end of the tether. As for removing the key switch all together i dont know which to tie together, if you unplug it and don't put the correct wires together the fan won't work, but will still work with the combo switch unplugged and the key left intact. Both the brake light switches just unplug. I think thats it;)

bigz-71
04-26-2004, 11:07 PM
if you are sitting on the bike the connecters are on the left hand side. i took mine off last friday. i figured it out on my own. its really an easy job. i just put a screw driver behind the connector and pulled it out and then unpluged what i wanted to unplug. there are six connecters on the left hand side. the key is on the inside. the tranny temp light is on the out side ( i believe its the red one). well good luck with removing the key, i hope this helps.
Jeremy

Shawn H
04-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Thanks Guys I found out how to remove the key but not how to remove the light controls.

Key removal: red and black wires together for the fan and the other 2 would go to a tether.

Thanks alot.