PDA

View Full Version : to all you blaster owner's out there

Birddog92
04-26-2004, 05:03 PM
i ran my wheeler completely out of gas the other day and i filled it and shook the whole wheeler a little to get the gas flowin in to the carb and stuff bu tnow it won't even start do i have to flush the lines of the carb or what and how would i do this...hit me back with some suggestions or ideas thanks a lot guys :confused: :(

gun32boarder
04-26-2004, 05:06 PM
id check the oil pump for the mix most of the time it is the pump that fails but i could be wrong. also u might what to check ur plug and check if the carb is getting gas maybe the line i clogged

SnowFlake
04-26-2004, 05:10 PM
yeah checked if something in the carb is clogged since you ran it dry and something at the bottom of the tank could have gotten in.

-snowflake

Birddog92
04-26-2004, 05:18 PM
the oil pump has worked right up through it.....umm....what should i do to take it apart this would be my first time takin the carb apart..andi changed my plug as soon as it wouldnt' start after about 30 kicks

JUSTINcredible
04-26-2004, 05:28 PM
dont take it apart if u arent sure how cuz there are alot of little pieces and settings in there that need to be right, just spray some carb cleaner in the all the holes * wear some sort of saftey glasses, get this stuff in your eye can burn. Trust me.*

SSracingNY
04-26-2004, 05:53 PM
you did turn the gas back on right?:rolleyes: :confused: :huh

Birddog92
04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
i never turned the gas off...i just ran it bone dry not even knowin so i never turned the reserve on.. i just put gas in it let it set to let the gas get into the system ya know...but i guess i can try carb cleaner..you think a local dealer will have that layin around tha ti can buy or what? and if so how much
and does anyone know how to give me a step by step way to take apart the carb or a website that would...thanks guys ...carb cleaner....i'll try that just give me a price and stuff if ya can and if it's available without orderin it

JUSTINcredible
04-26-2004, 08:10 PM
you can buy it almost anywhere, go to the gas station and buy a can for like 3 bucks, just take the gas line off the carb and spray some carb cleaner in there 'watch the eyes' and put the hose right back on, and put gas in the tank, make sure the gas is on and the key and saftey switch are on " its kind of embarrising when its dumb little things like that and u thonk its something else.

good luck

wantinga400ex
04-26-2004, 08:46 PM
I have a blaster right now...until i get my ex (about a month :D :D )

anyway when the happens to my i have to put it on full choke and kick the hell out of it for a couple mins then it fires right up. Try that...and give it some gas

MIKE400EX
04-26-2004, 08:54 PM
Start it as you normally would but make sure to put the choke on and do not touch the thumb throttle until it fires up.

georgedoggy
04-26-2004, 09:47 PM
what you can do, and ive done this before is to pull the plug out and check that its bone dry, and if it is, drop a little bit of fuel straight in the cylinder. A little mind you not alot just a couple of squirts. then kick it in the guts. this should fire it up and pull normal fuel thru the carby. id do this first.
some might say this is harmful to the engine, but in my experience it doesnt hurt the motor just make sure you only put enough in to start it and thats all.
:macho

Towlieee
04-26-2004, 10:35 PM
I'v ran my friends 02 blaster dry like twice, kicked it on reserve, gave it about 30 seconds, and push started it (kick start broke off)..

started right up..

I'd check other things.. stupid things..

key, on/off switch, wires, anything..

bradley300
04-26-2004, 10:57 PM
try full choke, stab the trhrottle twice, then give that kicker hell without hitting the throttle

Birddog92
04-27-2004, 04:21 AM
gas is in it, i just changed the spark plug after i figured out it wouldn't kick over...i had it on full choke then i tried half and theni tried it without hittn the gas too..i tried kickin the hell out of it but no doin...i might just have to buy carb cleaner and hope it goes....also ....i blow gaskets like a mofo anyone know why that might be i just had them all done over and replaced brand new not even 2 months ago...wtf is up with that:confused:

Birddog92
04-27-2004, 04:24 AM
i will try that all when i get home from school, thanks a lot guys you've been more than helpful i'll let ya know if it works or not ;)

Birddog92
04-27-2004, 01:45 PM
wel i just got off the phone with my Yamaha Dealer and he said that i needed to check the float bowl...he said there would be a black line on the carb and then a screw underneath it , he said to unscrew that and let it drain...there's no damn black line on it and the carb is completely clean...wtf do i do...and i asked him and he said let it drain and start it up...well i can't even find a damn black line...what a bonehead...god....well i bought some carb cleaner put it in all the holes and stuff...i dont' know the gas line i can't find it either i just got the wheeler like a year ago and am learnin new stuff about it everyday so thanks but i guess i'm screwed

MichaelS693
04-27-2004, 01:47 PM
i bet it might be flooded extremely bad:D

Birddog92
04-28-2004, 06:48 PM
hahahahaha funny.. just needed to drain the float bowl it's fine now..dont' reply back to this thread it'salready taken care of