PDA

View Full Version : Lens color selection

Pappy
04-26-2004, 03:18 PM
ok ok...im old. in the 20 years ive been turning wheels in the dirt I have never bought anything other then clear lenses. After my scotts w/ roll off system dissappeared at a race 2 weeks ago I ordered new goggles. I knew they made other colors then clear, but at the time I placed my order I didnt know what the different colors did....so in typical brainless wisdom I ordered clear, blue and red.

now, would someone be so kind as to explain to me what each color is for or does or whatever:p

theTman
04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
im not sure about red... but blue sucks... i had blue lenses and only place i wore em was around my neck... lol it makes everything alot brighter....

Doibugu2
04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
I have blue. It's great when it's sunny out, really brighten things up, but sucks if it's dark out.

250rpilot
04-26-2004, 03:37 PM
i have pro grip light sensitive lenses, and i must say, in the sun, they rock. when it is dark and rainy, they kinda suck though. a buddy has oakley orange, and they make things really really bright. great for cloudy days.

i cant help ya on the red and blue, but i hope you can use the info....

03GNCC270
04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
run the amp rose they are the best I have found. they brighten your view in the woods and keep the glare off in the fields. I had the blue last year and they work ok but let more of the sun in when you hit the fields. the yellow is another good color to go with.

try this link for more help

http://www.scottusa.com/usmx_goggaccess_80.php

K_Fulk
04-26-2004, 07:53 PM
I like yellow it seems to make stuff stand out better. I like spys yellow better than oakleys its a little darker. I havent used any other types of goggles so I dont know on other brands.

I also have a pair that are tinted for if its really sunny.

redroost85
04-26-2004, 08:39 PM
My favorite in the orange(?) colored lens. It takes the glare out during the day and makes it clearer during night races.

It takes a little getting used to for night racing, but I think they are the best. I run these lenses in both my Scotts and Oakleys. I won't go back to clear that's for sho!:cool:

EvilJester400EX
04-26-2004, 08:48 PM
For daytime - Yellow.
Night races - Orange.

Dunesurfer
04-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I use orange in the dunes during the day and clear at night

mmills023
04-26-2004, 09:46 PM
I use the blue lens mostly, but inthe woods it can get a tad dark, i tried the light sensitive lenses but when they got muddy it seemed not to work any more. The red ones are nice when it is really sunny.....However when i come in for a new set of goggles on muddy races, i am just happy that i have a lens covering my eyes!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Out_Sider
04-27-2004, 06:09 PM
i was thinking about ordering Rainbow lenses for my Smiths...what does that do?

wyndzer
04-27-2004, 06:19 PM
You can't go wrong with clear. I personally don't like amber and have never tried red. I have a couple of blues, so that would be my second choice.

cheetah
04-27-2004, 07:11 PM
I've only ran blue and I have no complaints.

QuadJunkies
04-28-2004, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I have blue. It's great when it's sunny out, really brighten things up, but sucks if it's dark out. exactlye......Blue is AWESOME for duning also,helped me differenciate the dunes also, I dont wear anyyhing BUT blue in the summer duning and on the track..Help a ton for sun glare........I tried Orange and did not like....

F-16Guy
04-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Out_Sider
i was thinking about ordering Rainbow lenses for my Smiths...what does that do?
You can only get those in San Fransisco.

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/limp_wrist.gif

ranger400ex
04-28-2004, 12:04 PM
The rose are awesome for woods and any summer ridding, Amber is not the same and are too dark IMO. I have been using the Oakley Rose lenses in the O Frame, w/ the laminated tearoffs, no more water between tearoffs, and no roll offs to deal with sticking. I love them, 30tearoffs on the goggle do not change your vision a bit. unlike regular tear offs or rolloffs w/ the small mud window.

Tinted lenses are a no no too. Try out the rose.

ben

QuadJunkies
04-28-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by F-16Guy
You can only get those in San Fransisco.

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/limp_wrist.gif :eek: :o :p