PDA

View Full Version : TC Pipe Question

Ryan300exRider
04-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Ok well I would appreciate if anyone could answer some of these questions on the TC racing pipe....

1) Is it louder that a T-4? How Much?

2) Where can i purchase it at * Site Please * :D

3) I was reading before that you have to cut the stocker header or somthing for it to work or is that not true?

Thanks guys I appreciate it :devil:

westcoastmxer
04-26-2004, 03:11 PM
hey man i got the full system and its really loud(louder than any other pipe u can get i think but sounds awsome cuzz its got that deep tone)..its gives u alllot of power and is an awsome exhaust man!!:macho

KY Woods Rider
04-26-2004, 07:23 PM
1) Yes. I don't know the exact decibel numbers, but it's quite a bit louder, especially at high RPM. The TC is about the loudest thing you can run and still have something that you can call a muffler.

2) http://www.tcracingengines.com/ You'll have to call to order it though. There may be an online dealer that carries the TC exhaust, but I'm not aware of one.

3) Yes, on the 400EX you have to cut off several inches of the headpipe. It's been a long time since I put mine on, but if I remember correctly, it's about 5 1/2 inches that you have to cut off.

cals400ex
04-26-2004, 07:24 PM
http://www.tcracingengines.com/

hondafreestyler
04-26-2004, 07:31 PM
its loud!!

I belive they only make a slip on for the 400ex ... I could be wrong tho

brif
04-26-2004, 07:46 PM
I had a TC on a 400ex and it was really loud. I got mine from TC and I think nacs had them also. The pipe made alot of power but if I was to do it over I would have purchased something else. For a track it would be fine but, for the trails I ride it wasn't the best idea. Before you purchase the pipe think about your real needs and be honest with your self. Sure you may say you could put the stock pipe on for sound sensitive areas but remember you have to hack about 5.5" off your stock headpipe and the only thing it can be used with is the TC silencer. I think I paid about $335 from TC in 2001. Thats alot of money for a slip-on. If you have your heart set on the TC get it. It makes great gains, but it's not for everyone............

Ryan300exRider
04-26-2004, 08:06 PM
Isnt there any way to not hack that off or buy the full system bc i dont want to go messing around cutting up my head pipe ??

hondafreestyler
04-26-2004, 08:18 PM
nope ...

like I said in my previous post bro ... I belive they only make the slip on for the 400ex

KY Woods Rider
04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
As hondafreestyler said, TC doesn't make a full system for the 400EX, or at least I'm not aware of one anyway.

If you don't want to have to worry about cutting up your headpipe, just look around and find a used stock headpipe. Many people put on full systems and you may be able to find a stock headpipe for a very reasonable price.

Ryan300exRider
04-27-2004, 05:42 AM
Alrite guys thanks alot ! :devil:

TCracin440ex
04-27-2004, 01:56 PM
TC doest make a full system for the 400ex, its pointless....he keeps the stock head pipes because stock head pipes gives the bike the lowend it needs that pipe is a mid and top pipe...he also makes exhausts for yfz 450's, 450r's, 300ex's, and custom bike/quad conversions

if your a weekend warrior/woods rider the TC exhaust isnt the exhaust for you....its hella loud and you will piss more neighbors off than what its worth...if your doing MX then its the perfect pipe