PDA

View Full Version : My 450r smoked my banshee.

Manny55
04-26-2004, 01:38 PM
My banshee is piped and before we did the 13t front sprocket and the lrd full exhaust system on the 450r the banshee beat the 450r. It would be close until the top end then the banshee would destroy it. But now the 450r just eats it up in acceleration and the banshee can never catch up.

Sportrax10
04-26-2004, 01:47 PM
Good job!:macho

twisted threads
04-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Did you try running your 14t sprocket when you were at the dunes? My brother has a hrc kit in his bike and a LRD pipe and were going to try to the 14th this weekend but were going to bring the 13t also.

Manny55
04-26-2004, 05:16 PM
Yea i have already tried the 14t i dont like it. I like the 13t. Its so much quicker that way, it can freaking move.

twisted threads
04-27-2004, 03:42 AM
Manny do you have a HRC kit in your trx450r?

Manny55
04-27-2004, 06:35 AM
No hrc kit, Only mods are the 13t, k&n, and the lrd full exhaust system.

04trx450R
04-27-2004, 07:48 PM
I finally raced a banshee this weekend,,,,, I truly blew him away,,, stock for stock, granted his was an "88" but with fresh top end

joe1l
04-28-2004, 07:08 AM
In all honesty, my banshee would tear up my 450R in a drag! The 450 would have the hole shot and take a big lead at first, but then my banshee would walk away in the top end! Doesn't handle for sh*t but my shee can definately drag...mind you its has a bit more mods then just pipes;)

Manny55
04-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Its funny on exriders everyone is honest and then on bluetraxx everyone is so biased they automatically says that a 450r beating a banshee is impossible. They are so biased over there im sick of it. And a comment made over at bluetraxx one guy said the only thing that exriders is good at riding is other exrider members. THIS MEANS WAR, lol!

stiffy
04-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Manny55
Its funny on exriders everyone is honest and then on bluetraxx everyone is so biased they automatically says that a 450r beating a banshee is impossible. They are so biased over there im sick of it. And a comment made over at bluetraxx one guy said the only thing that exriders is good at riding is other exrider members. THIS MEANS WAR, lol!

I agree -WAR- I hate it over there a bunch of Cocky jerks. I have Hondas and Yamahas and like them both. Exriders is much friendlier. It seems all the Yamaha friends I have, have the same attitude but I think if someone doesn't have something it automatically sucks.

Manny55
04-28-2004, 01:41 PM
I have Hondas and Yamahas and like them both.

I have two hondas and 1 yamaha they all have there ups and downs. I dont know why they have to be such arses and say that yamaha is the best no matter what!

04trx450R
04-28-2004, 08:13 PM
When people ask me about my 450r versus the yfz, I say its all abot what color you like,, look at my sig. I am a honda guy, but yamaha has a good bike to,,,, either bike can be modded to match the other, but for me, a hardcore woods rider, I love the honda all stock except for skid plates,,,, if I were to pipe, jet,cam,,,,, then it would be seee yyaaaaa later yamaha,,,,, and in my opinion, the stock honda brakes and suspension kll yamahas,,,,,, its all about where you ride and what color you like

mascman
05-04-2004, 08:01 AM
I am formerly from Bluetraxx and you didn't get a true representation of the whole group.

There are Honda guys who go over there and do the same things, so it gives Exriders a bad name also.

There are alot of good people on both forums who have helped me , and if I can, I will help them. That's what it's all about!

The good people don't play those games...just the buttholes who aren't smart enough to be usefull. I'm guessing one of them will bash me for stating it!

As quad rider's, we got bigger fish to fry. Attack the tree-huggers if you need to attack someone!!

05-04-2004, 08:32 PM
amen to that!:) i owned a banshee for 4 years raced it and everything, it was a blast but when i wanted to get seriouse about racing i waighted and bought the r. the yam is a great quad and it is fast, but, it comes down to the person on the bike!! not just the bike! for me, i rode the yfz an just didn't like it. i'm very hapy with the r though and have smoked a bunch of yams at the track. remember without colar wars we wouldn't have these bikes to chose from;)