PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 400EX Pipe ?

lucey
04-26-2004, 09:30 AM
I am looking for the best exhaust for a 400EX. I heard the Duncan Fatboy is up there as well as the Sparks pipe. Any other good full systems ? Which is the best and why ?

Hondaluva
04-26-2004, 10:33 AM
White Brothers is fully tunable with a spark arestor. But I hear nothing but good about the sparks X-6!!

EXDUNER127
04-26-2004, 11:06 AM
The Biggun and sparks are to me the best, my engine builder recommends the two and we won all the 4 stroke classes at the safford sand drags at hotwells dune this weekend and all the bikes used the two pipes. no offense but the piped hmf 400ex's lost in the first round.:eek2: those are the two that i reccomend but that is just my opinion. hope that helps:D

mikeminyard
04-26-2004, 11:19 AM
I love my E-Series. Good power and awesome sound.

Silver400EXinBR
04-26-2004, 11:44 AM
you gotta go with that curtis!!!! You wont go wrong.........

QuAdEr 317
04-26-2004, 12:50 PM
i heard u have to have motor work to feel the sparks power and gain? is this true?

EXDUNER127
04-26-2004, 12:57 PM
For the x-6 yes, because the pipe has a bigger diamater and letting alot more air through and relies on more intake to push the amount of air the x-6 is capable of. they work best after port work an carb. but if you plan on doing this later on just get it so you dont have to buy it then , but if you are staying mostly stock just get the x-4. because it is cheaper and you wont get any more power out of x-6 with stock motor!

gojk
04-26-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by EXDUNER127
The Biggun and sparks are to me the best, my engine builder recommends the two and we won all the 4 stroke classes at the safford sand drags at hotwells dune this weekend and all the bikes used the two pipes. no offense but the piped hmf 400ex's lost in the first round.:eek2: those are the two that i reccomend but that is just my opinion. hope that helps:D

I was there.

Who is your engine builder?

Although I didn't watch many 4-strokes run up the hill.

EXDUNER127
04-26-2004, 01:42 PM
my engine builder is my friend Ken from (Kenz cycle tech).
he got second to spark last year at 4stroke wars but will win next year.

hondarider2006
04-26-2004, 04:18 PM
HMF or Sparks. WB is crap IMO!!

Paul400ex2002
04-26-2004, 04:31 PM
my engine builder is my friend Ken from (Kenz cycle tech).
he got second to spark last year at 4stroke wars but will win next year.

no offense, but i don't think kenz can beat sparks. Sparks simply has more money and experience and everything, and I've never really been that impressed by bikes built by kenz. I'm not saying kenz doesn't do good work, just i don't believe they can beat sparks. I know my 416 ate my friends 310r that kenz built... BTW DFR built my 416

04'400ex'er
04-26-2004, 05:02 PM
For the price, go with the white bros. If money is no factor, there are a couple i would look into. The sparks is a great pipe and it overpowers the white bros by like .5 hp. remember the sparks only bumps up the hp. by like 2 hp. or so. Also, check out the looney tuned exhaust. It splits the head pipe and has two silencers, one on each side. The package comes with an aluminum UM airbox that relocates the battery and all of the electrical into the airbox to make space for the clutch side silencer.
They also claim it produces great power gains with a 93-94 db. range. Check these links out: looney tuned exhaust http://www.lteracing.com/allmodelspics/honda/honda.shtml[/URL]
and 400ex pipe shootout http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961[/URL]

EXDUNER127
04-27-2004, 08:46 AM
no offense, but i don't think kenz can beat sparks. Sparks simply has more money and experience and everything, and I've never really been that impressed by bikes built by kenz. I'm not saying kenz doesn't do good work, just i don't believe they can beat sparks. I know my 416 ate my friends 310r that kenz built... BTW DFR built my 416

Hey buddy, did you go to safford this weekend, if not you would have seen whos 4 strokes dominated the races. Did you by any chance go to 4 stroke wars this year, sparks had a 90lb kid on his bike and got an awesome hole shot and then kenz rappy just pulled on sparks bike, and no one has done that before! i will try and post the video. does any one have an email i can send the video to so they can post it for me, thanks?

gojk
04-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Send it to jeff@eaznet.com

I will post it.

04'400ex'er
04-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by QuAdEr 317
i heard u have to have motor work to feel the sparks power and gain? is this true?

Check out this shootout with the sparks on top of them all. http://www.atvnews.com/output.cfm?id=30961

quadmx7
04-27-2004, 03:21 PM
go with the sparks pipe, unless for some reason i change my mind realy quick, thats what im going to order this afternoon.

gojk
04-27-2004, 03:46 PM
Video is at

Ken Vs. Sparks (http://www.eaznet.com/~buttercup/kensparks.wmv)

Paul400ex2002
04-27-2004, 05:03 PM
Hey buddy, did you go to safford this weekend, if not you would have seen whos 4 strokes dominated the races. Did you by any chance go to 4 stroke wars this year, sparks had a 90lb kid on his bike and got an awesome hole shot and then kenz rappy just pulled on sparks bike, and no one has done that before! i will try and post the video. does any one have an email i can send the video to so they can post it for me, thanks?

If i was keeping my 416, i'd race a similar setup bike any day, but i'm selling it and on top of that i'm not medically cleared to ride until august 1st. I'm not bashing on kenz in any way, I know they do good work for the most part, but I highly doubt they can compete with sparks. But if i was still going to keep my 416, i'd race any 416 kenz built with the same stuff mine has done to it.

Paul400ex2002
04-27-2004, 09:58 PM
That sparks raptor ATE that kenz raptor alive...

R3Concepts
04-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Im gonna go with Paul on this one. There is nothing touching any Sparks bikes at the 4 stroke wars. Sparks is the best 4 stroke builder in the country hands down. The Sparks raptor that was only a 690 ate everything by 15 bike lengths. Sparks has won every 4 stroke wars at glamis since it started. And of course Kenz won the safford drags, you think Sparks is going to make a trip that doesnt get him any kind of exposure? Drag racing is cool but anyone can go in a straight line fast, but the talent is on the tracks.

Paul400ex2002
04-28-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Drag racing is cool but anyone can go in a straight line fast, but the talent is on the tracks. [/B]

But it sure helps to have a good motor builder behind you on the track :cool: My bike was one of the hardest running 400s i've ever seen, I'm not just saying that because it's mine, I'm saying that because it was. When the rider (me) would get a decent shot out of the hole, there weren't many other 400s that could touch mine on the track. I think it comes down a lot to tuning, you can have the baddest motor in the world, but if you can't tune it properly, you're shooting yourself in the foot. I always ran race gas also, which helped with our tuning, and I ran super special gas for races :devil:

EXDUNER127
04-28-2004, 08:40 AM
I am not bashing sparks, dont get me wrongbut i am just supporting kenz because he is my friend and there has not been any one that has pulled on sparks bike like kenz did. i am stating that ken was close to sparks and he rebuilt that raptor, and it is running gooood! so we will have to see next time, but it is a cool rep to be right under sparks, with 1/2 the funds and support as sparks.:D