PDA

View Full Version : Wow!!! $1000 Discount

TRX250X
04-26-2004, 09:15 AM
I saw 450R's for 1000 dollar discount at Chicago Cycle Center. It's not on their website, but their ad in the Indiana Auto and RV claimed that. I can't afford one (wedding this summer) but for you guys looking, it mihgt be worth checking out.

I don't know anything about CCC. Maybe if someone here has dealt with them they could post their comments.

Honda
04-26-2004, 10:31 AM
That guy is a Con Man! I have heard so many Horror stories about that place, LOL!!!

You guys might check it out, just be Cautious!

;)

mjtwvc
04-30-2004, 09:12 PM
i got 1500.00 rebate on my bike and this was at summit honda and there located in park city utah and every thing seams to be
on the up and up. there is a couple hoops but for 1500.00
im jumpin just got to remember to send in rebate check after 4 years and before 4years and 1 month

roostin_dale
04-30-2004, 09:25 PM
Chicago Cycle sux....i was looking at a crf50 they had advertised for $800 (including tax, freight, blah. blah, blah)...anywho, i called them and they said it would have been $1,475 OTD, that pissed me off...

would have been $700 more than they advertised more

khen
05-01-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by mjtwvc
i got 1500.00 rebate on my bike and this was at summit honda and there located in park city utah and every thing seams to be
on the up and up. there is a couple hoops but for 1500.00
im jumpin just got to remember to send in rebate check after 4 years and before 4years and 1 month

So you don't get your rebate for 4 years? That seems kind of odd.. Why are they making you wait for 4 years? :confused:

mjtwvc
05-01-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by khen
So you don't get your rebate for 4 years? That seems kind of odd.. Why are they making you wait for 4 years? :confused: how does it work??
merchants place funds into the NRF (national rebate fund) trust account for each rebate check they issue.customers who properly
submit their rebate claims will receive the rebate. funds from those who forget
to claim or do not file a valid claim,are used to pay those people
who do submit a valid claim. over time the funds mature and are used to pay those with valid claims.
all funds are invested in 100% Treasury Bills backed by the US Goverment.
so in a nut shell they are counting on alot of people forgeting,loosing,moving,or just not making the dead line to send in the stub from the rebate confirming info on the rebate,had to be back to them in 17 days of date of issue. ALMOST missed mine
because its sent certified and i,m at work all day so they left a card saying to pick it up and i had a hard time getting there to pick it up so i went in late 1 day and got it had 3 days to get to them and i didnt read that part till 7 pm so i had to go to the airport post office and get it sent off and they could'nt guarantee
it till the day after i needed it there but it made it WHOOOO.
figured worth a shot !;)

khen
05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by mjtwvc
how does it work??
merchants place funds into the NRF (national rebate fund) trust account for each rebate check they issue.customers who properly
submit their rebate claims will receive the rebate. funds from those who forget
to claim or do not file a valid claim,are used to pay those people
who do submit a valid claim.
Interesting.. So I imagine the dealer only puts a couple hundred bucks or so into the fund. I would bet that 80% - 90% of the people don't send in the rebate for one reason or the other and at the same time the money is compounding interest.

I might have to take a trip up to Park City, maybe it's time to buy a 450R. I'll just have to get a tattoo reminding me to send in the rebate. ;)

Sabre003
05-01-2004, 07:45 PM
CCC sucks
I bought a bike from them, and will never buy from them again. I live in MI and they had a great deal so I get my trailer and drive there. When all is said and done i saved no money drove all day, and should have bought it at a home dealership. I learned my lesson the hard way
F*%$ them

RideRedEX
05-22-2004, 07:39 PM
I bought mine at Owen Motor Sports in Charleston , Ill. They had it list for $6400 with $1000 off. Although the discount ended up being $997 after i bought it i wasnt gonna complain about $3

Bad Habit
05-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by khen
I would bet that 80% - 90% of the people don't send in the rebate for one reason or the other and at the same time the money is compounding interest.

You're pretty close. I did some marketing research for the company I used to work for a couple years back and I found out that the national average for all retail rebates is around 7%!! That figure is for all retroactive rebates for anything sold at a retail level, it does not include all the instant rebates that are offered at electronics stores, car dealerships etc.

focus
05-23-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by RideRedEX
I bought mine at Owen Motor Sports in Charleston , Ill. They had it list for $6400 with $1000 off. Although the discount ended up being $997 after i bought it i wasnt gonna complain about $3

So your saying you bought one for 5400 OTD? Or 6400?:huh

jimbo45
05-23-2004, 07:18 AM
So you got a 450R for $5400 before tax??? What was the OTD price??? If you did get it for that, I will be heavily irked. I paid the same amount for a DVX400 from a dealer about 30 miles away in November.:( When I spoke with Owen Honda, they were not offering any deals. MSRP or go home. I am looking into getting a CRF450R....wonder if they can work me out a deal....

focus
05-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Lowest price I can get one for is 6154 out the door all fees doc etc.

Good deal????

05-23-2004, 05:43 PM
mine was $6500 OTD with all taxes & fees

trick450r
05-24-2004, 09:22 AM
mine was $7500 otd with the hrc kit not installed, that was one week before they were supposed to be availible to the public tho:rolleyes:

Quadworks
05-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Ya I checked into that Chicago place when I bought one of my quads. By the time you got everything tacked on it was more money than if I bought it locally. I would waste my time talking to them.

veddersbetter
02-22-2006, 04:59 AM
dont waste your time with Chicago Cycle..
they have 100,000 square foot showroom for a reason.....THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF!!!

06 450R advertised price of
$4599

OTD price
$7299

Horrible Terrible Con Artist A Holes and I wish I could do more to let people know about it

The bikes they sell are to people that dont know any better and to the elitist of Chicago that dont care about money.....period

250xridamatt
02-22-2006, 10:43 AM
What about turn one motorsports? I saw them advertising 06 450rs for cheap in the auto rv. Of course I cant find my auto rv to see what the price is. Are they like chicago cycles?

450rJam
02-23-2006, 04:25 AM
I got mine for 7125 OTD with HRC installed, took some time and they tried to talk me into install HRC myself, then tried to talk me into doing break in then installing HRC (I just thought it would be best to break in cam and other components at same time). This was at Freedom Honda in Grandview Mo.