PDA

View Full Version : Hollister, Sat. May 1st

PismoGuy400
04-25-2004, 10:05 PM
anyone up for hollister this saturday? Im not positive that ill be going, but im pretty sure. Depends on one thing.. if i can get my insurance coverage back. If so, ill be there all day.. proble leave home about 7am and be there by 8 30 and riding by 8 45..

it be cool to get some people to go, just let me know on this thread.

-pismo

350Xrider
04-26-2004, 09:30 PM
have you been to hollister before? got any pics of what it looks like? ive never been.

PismoGuy400
04-26-2004, 10:22 PM
hollister is fun, lots of trails and some nice hill climbs, some hills that take lots of speed and power some you can take in 1st or snd if you want to go slow.. most of the park is all hard pack but there are a handfull of loose dusty trails .. terrain for all levels of experience.

there are a few campgrounds, i dont even remember how much it costs per day, but theres also the day parking area.

theres an atv track.. mainly 4th and 5th gear all the way.. gets boring pretty quick

then theres the atv/mc track pretty its alright.. a few small doubles and a small table top and i do mean small... then theres the Mx track some big jumps, bikes only, no quads allowed.

and last but not least .. the vintage track.. its the most fun to me... can really hang it out cause its all soft but i think they closed it to atvs, but not positive...

to answer the only question you asked, lol.. no i dont have any pics
--pismo

350Xrider
04-26-2004, 10:44 PM
do you have to pay to get in? do they let 3 wheelers in?

PismoGuy400
04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
3 wheelers are allowed.. and ive never been for just a day, we usually camp, and the rangers usually dont wander around to us till mid of the s2d day cause normally theres isnt any rangers in the main entrance kiosk

im not sure how it will work out this time, maybe youll get in and out w/o paying, but generally yes you do have to pay, but im not sure how much.

ill see if i can find out online or soemthing and get back here w/ the link.

PismoGuy400
04-26-2004, 11:13 PM
http://www.bokasmo.com/pages/ohv/california/hollisterhl/

some pics there, not great but somewhat shows the area, all trails are posted for what is allowed and what isnt tells you which way to go and not to go... and one big thing, 90% of the trails are ONE WAY

350Xrider
04-27-2004, 11:01 AM
hopefully i can gather up some of my friends so we can go there in the summer.

PismoGuy400
04-27-2004, 09:43 PM
yeah, definately try to get in a trip to hollister.. its a really fun place to go.

send me a pm whenever youre up to go and ill see if i can make it out there.

350Xrider
04-27-2004, 10:27 PM
of course