PDA

View Full Version : 350 triple into X frame?

Moded86R
04-25-2004, 09:52 PM
A freind of mine has a old kawasaki 350 triple cylinder street bike.It has good compression.But it needs an ignition.He offered it to me for 100 bucks.Bike is still in pretty good shape.needs a seat and rear fender.

I have a whole bunch of 250x and 300ex parts.All of the major compenents to build a rolling chassis.Minus a carrier and rear brakes.I also have a gas tank,seat,and rear fenders.

I work at a sheet metal shop and have been going to school for welding.I could also just have some of the guys in my shop weld whatever.They could even build the exhuast.

I am just wondering if it would be worth it for the power level it would put out.I am looking for basicly a straight line dragger.I got the MX bike and the woods bike.Now I want a banshee killer.

What do you guys think of this idea?Also does anyone know how much a PVL ignition runs?

Thanks for any help.

wilkin250r
04-26-2004, 09:04 AM
For $100? I say go for it, especially if you have people around you that can help you with the project.

Moded86R
04-26-2004, 03:04 PM
I would probably end up having a couple grand in it by the time everything was done.Rebuilding the motor,New carbs,New ignition.(500 bucks)Wheels and tires,plastics,On and on.

The guy has a 750 triple in a hand built chromoly banshee frame.Right now it is running upper 4's in 300ft sand drags.he probably weighs 250-300 pounds.He also has a 500 triple in a 250r three wheeler frame.

I'm not sure if I am going to or not.I want to find a 350x motor.But finding one for a reasonable amount of money isn't easy.