PDA

View Full Version : Arizona

longie
04-25-2004, 09:43 PM
I'll be moving to Arizona in June and besides glamis, where are some good trails to ride in AZ? I do know about the AMX, but are there some other dune or desert parts that 'wheelers are allowed?

F-16Guy
04-26-2004, 11:00 AM
There is Hot Wells Dunes near Safford, Cinders (very fine volcanic cinder, like sand) near Flagstaff, lots of cool trails west of Lake Pleasant, lots of tracks in and around Phoenix, Coral Pink Sand Dunes just across the northern Arizona border (by Kanab, UT), and probably a lot of other places I haven't been to yet.

400grl
04-29-2004, 01:23 PM
We are going to the Cinders for Memorial Day weekend!!! WOOHOOO!! :) You can ride at quite a few areas around Phoenix....Sycamore Creek is pretty fun for trail riding, hill climbs, and drag racing.....lots of people there that don't know how to ride, though - makes it kind of dangerous sometimes.....Rolls OHV area is another place to check out.

Try www.ridingarizona.com if you want good info on trails and riding areas that aren't the MX tracks!! It's another great local AZ riding site!

AiredOutEx
04-29-2004, 08:32 PM
If this is Jeff, call me when you get here and Ill show you .......... If its not then uh well you can call me when you get here anyway. What area are you moving to?

longie
04-30-2004, 08:10 AM
Tucson/green valley area...I'll be in Green valley from Wed. to Saturday this coming week.

NBMRacing
05-06-2004, 01:04 AM
I odviously live in the great hot state of Az as well. I'm completely new 2 this sport. What & where is a good place 2 buy equipment, & where is a good place to ride? I have heard that the "dunes" is a ton of fun. But I've also heard my fair share of horror stories about irresponsible people doing silly dangerous things on quads etc. I'm in the market for a quad, I'm a whopping 5'4" tall, I'm 30 & about 135 or so. What would you recommend for somebody of my tallness? I hope you guyz don't mind me asking this, I know it's a "where's there 2 ride" section. But I want info from people in AZ. Thanks! Ride on!

longie
05-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Which towns are closest to Ocotillo, Valle Verde, Mammoth, and other local tracks that use the AMX? Thanks.

400grl
05-11-2004, 11:23 AM
Longie.....Ocotillo is about an hour south of Chandler....near Toltec off of the I-10. Verde Valley is just outside of Cottonwood (about a 2 hour drive from Chandler - north on I-17) right outside of Camp Verde.....and Speedworld is in Surprise - the far NW valley......those are the three tracks that AMX races on. Mammoth is down south and east somewhere.......AMX doesn't race Mammoth.

And maybe I'm biased, but I think those 3 tracks as 3 of the best ones here in AZ........MotoGrande is also a nice track, though.

longie
05-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Thanks, Corry, I ddin't think to check the tracks on the GoMxracing.com. site....I jsut got done with it. Is that Rattlesnake track gonna open? What is the one that is by Parker or going to be by Parker?

400grl
05-11-2004, 01:58 PM
No problem! :) The Rattlesnake MX track was supposed to open sometime last year, too....it's one of those tracks that I doubt will ever open!! :) Not sure about the track in Parker.....I think I heard rumors about it!! I know a new track is gonig in down around Tombstone.......I will keep you posted on that one. I don't like to drive far, so I stick to the ones around the Valley......SW, ET, MG, etc......unless it's a race! :) hheheheheh

mxgirl
05-27-2004, 10:31 PM
We like to rip with Corry and other buds at ET & Speedworld... the tracks are a blast!!!

There are a lot of dune options in the winter (Buttercup, Gordon's, Glamis) and for the summer we head up to Coral Pink in S. Utah. There's also great trail riding up north (I-17) at Mormon lake.

Feel free to say "HI" anytime you see us at the tracks or the dunes.

http://www.brmoffroad.com/BRMTrailer400EX.GIF

Riding Arizona
06-12-2004, 11:18 PM
Longie,

Like 400grl has suggested (thanks) come on over and check out www.RidingArizona.com. Specifically, take a look at our online Trail Guide, which has plenty of trails and tracks contributed by our member base of more than 5,000 Arizonans.

Shannon
President - Riding Arizona

400grl
06-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by NBMRacing
I odviously live in the great hot state of Az as well. I'm completely new 2 this sport. What & where is a good place 2 buy equipment, & where is a good place to ride? I have heard that the "dunes" is a ton of fun. But I've also heard my fair share of horror stories about irresponsible people doing silly dangerous things on quads etc. I'm in the market for a quad, I'm a whopping 5'4" tall, I'm 30 & about 135 or so. What would you recommend for somebody of my tallness? I hope you guyz don't mind me asking this, I know it's a "where's there 2 ride" section. But I want info from people in AZ. Thanks! Ride on!

I'm so sorry....I totally missed this post!!!

The dunes are AWESOME!!!!! Stay away from Glamis (at least for camping) and you will be fine!!! Alot of people like Gordon's Well, Buttercup, and Ogilby for more family oriented camping. Ogilby is my favorite....close to the little dunes, and those are fun...kind of like the little kiddie rollercoaster at the fair.....small but fun and fast!! :) LOL!!!

As for which quad to get?? The age old question......so many different ones to choose from......depends on what you want to do?? There are sport quads (some better for MX, some better for the trails....some better for the dunes) and then there are 4X4 quads (these are great for riding the trails, conquering obstacles, etc.).....there is a HUGE market out there for both!!! Good luck - this is the choice we all had to make at one time or another!!!

longie
06-27-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Riding Arizona
Longie,

Like 400grl has suggested (thanks) come on over and check out www.RidingArizona.com. Specifically, take a look at our online Trail Guide, which has plenty of trails and tracks contributed by our member base of more than 5,000 Arizonans.

Shannon
President - Riding Arizona

Sorry, my movers just got here yesterday and after 3 weeks, I finally have a computer.

Corry, Bike choices: #1 250R, #2 YZF 450, #3 TRX 450R...I see you've sold your bansee

As for the trails you all talked about, I am not familiar with much outside of tucson. I am familiar with the names of the towns around Phoenix but I have never been to any of them, I have no idea of where they are at.