PDA

View Full Version : LTZ cam chain

Dr. Quad
04-25-2004, 09:03 PM
hi guys does anybody know if there is a heavy duty cam chain out there for the ltz 400 the stock one is weak and it will strech and make a ticking noise in the head i have seen this on a couple of them thanks for the info Earlywhine Racing does have heavy duty chains in stock their number is 606-883-3098 they are real nice people and race themselfs so they test and know what works good luck Dr. Quad

BlazinOrangeKFX
04-25-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't think there are any aftermarket chains, nor do you need one. Even racers are running the stock chain. The ticking noise may be the valves, but most likely not the cam chain.

04-25-2004, 11:08 PM
the cam chain adjusts itself automatically...its prob. the valves

popo
04-26-2004, 05:58 AM
D.I.D does make a cam chain for the Z. I think Earlywhine racing has them in stock.

Dr. Quad
04-27-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by popo
D.I.D does make a cam chain for the Z. I think Earlywhine racing has them in stock.

Dr. Quad
04-27-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by popo

thanks for the info i will check with Earlywhine

Dr. Quad
04-27-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
the cam chain adjusts itself automatically...its prob. the valves

i know it adjust automatically but the chains are streching to long i have seen this in 3 different ltzs

Dr. Quad
04-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by BlazinOrangeKFX
I don't think there are any aftermarket chains, nor do you need one. Even racers are running the stock chain. The ticking noise may be the valves, but most likely not the cam chain.

if you keep racing your chain will strech past the limit you will think it sounds like valves but if you pull the chain tensioner out it will be maxed out

Cly
04-28-2004, 11:23 AM
Dr. Quad is right.....I have a buddy that has an 03 Z400 and we have put two chains in it already.We now have it apart because the exhaust valve got hit and is bent.We had a small weld added to the end of the chain tensioner and filed it nice and smooth so if the chain dose stretch again it will not loosen up and tag the valves.......I heard about adding the weld to the tensioner from a suzuki tech......

Cly.......

Dr. Quad
04-28-2004, 10:23 PM
i have already did the weld fix it lasted for about 25 hours of riding time. i am going to replace it for now untill sombody makes a heavy duty chain. i talked to profab atv they have cam chains for 400exs he doesnt have them for the z400 but said he wished he did because he could of sold a millon of them he said some racers are replacing their chains every other race if they get to lose you will tag a valve so if you here clicking check yours out the valves dont need adjusted very much the way they are set up in the z400 thanks for your input

peirced_rider
12-20-2005, 04:05 PM
whats up guys I have an ltz400 and i am experiencing the same ****. this time arround my chain streched and smashed my exhaust valve into my piton and broke off the head of the valve and bent my other exhaust valve. I would like for your permission to copy this forum thread and send it to Suzuki to see about them having a recall on this timming chain. thanks.

Flynbryan19
12-22-2005, 06:52 AM
There is nothing that keeps you from printing off info on here....

But, good luck with Suzuki. They consider it a wear item.

400exrider707
12-22-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Quad
i have already did the weld fix it lasted for about 25 hours of riding time. i am going to replace it for now untill sombody makes a heavy duty chain. i talked to profab atv they have cam chains for 400exs he doesnt have them for the z400 but said he wished he did because he could of sold a millon of them he said some racers are replacing their chains every other race if they get to lose you will tag a valve so if you here clicking check yours out the valves dont need adjusted very much the way they are set up in the z400 thanks for your input

DID makes one bud.