PDA

View Full Version : 300ex electrical problem??

Colin Blue
04-25-2004, 07:56 PM
ok...i just got my motor back in the chassis from putting a new case on it. the only this is it won't start with the button. if you use a screw driver and touch both sides of the celinoide, it will start, but when you hit the start button...nothing! a couple days ago the start button was fine, but the battery was just dead. i replaced the battery, and it still turned over a couple times with the button but did not start. all of a sudden the button quit. i checked the fuse, and checked my wiring and everything seems to be fine. could it be the starter or bad ground or what?

wantinga400ex
04-25-2004, 08:00 PM
Sounds like your not grounding very good to the frame. did you paint the frame or anything? check your grounds

Colin Blue
04-25-2004, 08:16 PM
yes i did paint the frame...that very well may be it. i'll check, thanks

Colin Blue
04-26-2004, 07:31 PM
nope..not the problem. the starter relay clicks now, but nothing happens. do i need a new one or is it supposed to click?

wantinga400ex
04-26-2004, 07:34 PM
Thats the same thing my dads 86' fourtrax 350 4x4 does. We bought a new soloniod for it, and it still doesnt. We kick start it now, never have found out the problem. Could be a blown starter motor i guess :confused: