PDA

View Full Version : Any turkey hunters here???

Bad Habit
04-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Spring turkey season opened this week in Missouri and I finally got a chance to get out this weekend.

Just curious if anyone else is out chasing the gobblers :D

04-25-2004, 07:32 PM
nice bird i go out with my uncle every chance i get we have a cabin in PA:D

Berry
04-25-2004, 07:35 PM
no but every member of my family hunts, so its like a big hunting competition when hunting season opens.

heres a cool story. i was riding my 4 wheeler around the land, and my uncle comes over by my track hunting and i didnt know, so i go to the track and start riding with like 5 of my friends and all of us had aftermarket exhausts. so were riding and my uncle comes out of the woods with a huge turkey and hes like, THANKS MAN! im like, why? hes all, i just got in the woods and you all started riding and scared up this turkey and i shot it. i hadnt been in the woods 10 minutes!, he said. it ended up having a 10 inch beard but im not shure about weight or anything! i just thought i would share that with you. that looks like a nicee turkey!

Tommy 17
04-25-2004, 07:35 PM
gooble gooble:D

i love bustin up the flock and listen to the birds callin them back... its by far my favorite type of hunting... so cool listening to a bunch of vocal birds...

season starts next saturday for me in PA... this week was the 1st week of junior hunters...

toby400ex
04-25-2004, 07:59 PM
My brother has been hunting 3 times since the season started and hasnt shot a damn thing, thats gotta suck. Congrats on your bird. We need to go riding sometime Bad Habit.

redrider69
04-25-2004, 08:04 PM
raises hand and says god ive been every weekend and havent killed anyting either from missin or scruing up some how and then sobs like a lil girl naw but i have miised 3 and scrued up a couple times and im bad at judging distance

CowsBitePeople
04-25-2004, 08:12 PM
OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO IT?! lol

come down here there are millions of em

Bad Habit
04-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by CowsBitePeople
OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO IT?! lol

Haven't you ever heard the term "stuffing a turkey"? LOL I'll bet you'll never look at thanksgiving dinner the same again.

Toby, just hit me up sometime when you're going riding. I've been busier that a one-armed wallpaper hanger and it's only gonna get worse for the next several months:( The hunting this weekend was a last minute deal, and most of my weekends are this way. Just let me know when and where and I'll see if I can swing it or not.

Dan

CowsBitePeople
04-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Haven't you ever heard the term "stuffing a turkey"? LOL I'll bet you'll never look at thanksgiving dinner the same again.

Dan

OMFG ROTFLMGDMFAO!!!! lol ha , sorry :p ewwwwwww

PHIL_B54
04-26-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Bad Habit
Spring turkey season opened this week in Missouri and I finally got a chance to get out this weekend.

Just curious if anyone else is out chasing the gobblers :D

ive always wanted to, but im not very patient.

good looking gobbler

Pappy
04-26-2004, 09:44 AM
good bird!

i love turkey hunting but time has been short and i havent had a chance to go yet....but i have 2 months between the 2 states i hunt.