PDA

View Full Version : Graphics on fullbore?

fmf400ex
04-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Well I have just recently got some white fullbore plastic for my 400ex. Now I already have a nacs racing seat cover and I am getting the nacs graphics this week. I was wondering is there any trick to getting them lined up right, since there are no black side panels like the stock plastic. Or is this basically an eyeing it kind of job?

roostin_dale
04-25-2004, 04:29 PM
i've heard if you put soap on the plastic you can slide them around once they are on?:confused:

fmf400ex
04-25-2004, 04:38 PM
thanks, i believe this is will be a good little challenge for getting it even.

WKY400EX
04-27-2004, 10:03 AM
I've never put a full graphics kit on plastic, but I would imagine it's like putting on window tint. Make sure the plastic is super clean where you want the graphics to go (try rubbing alcohol). Then, try mixing a little bit of baby shampoo in a spray bottle full of water. Spray the plastics down a little, and keep the graphics moist while you're installing them. Keeping the graphics wet will keep them from tearing during installation, and allow you to move them around pretty easily. Good luck.

300exOH
04-27-2004, 10:20 AM
You can use water in a spray bottle with a drop or two of dish soap to apply the graphics. Spray it on the decal and the plastic(after you have cleaned it) position the graphics how you like and use a squeegee(sp?) to get out the air bubbles. I have found a credit card to work well if you don't have a squeegee.

fmf400ex
04-27-2004, 11:26 AM
thanks for the ideas guys. I have putgraphics on quads before, just never put any on plastic w/o the side panels to line it up. But I know I can get it.