PDA

View Full Version : rriders down for a while

2k2-300exnj
04-25-2004, 12:55 PM
anyone know when rriders will be back up... im loyal to this site but my days are boring with out both

wwclea01
04-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Go out and ride man.

2k2-300exnj
04-25-2004, 01:03 PM
its raining i was going to :grr:

Live2Ride300
04-25-2004, 04:51 PM
I stared a thread about this too, but it got closed and now I cant find it, I wanted to know why it got closed:confused: But anyway I too miss Rriders.

2k2-300exnj
04-25-2004, 06:30 PM
gay that it got closed we arent advertising and there is currently no site to go to.... and its not like we havent been members here forever.... i wonder whats goin on with the site last i saw it was being redone now where the heck did it go

SGA
04-25-2004, 08:03 PM
I did not remove your thread, but you can bet it was because of tensions between our site and thiers.
Also, I never go over there because #1- I dont own a 2fittyr, and #2- Seems to be alot of flaming going on back and forth over there. I can live with out that.

2k2-300exnj
04-25-2004, 09:14 PM
yea sometimes the flaming gets out of hand but its funny at times and the big flamers (haha that sounds great) get kicked off just like here its just more open opion freedom of speech over there lol
i cant live without both sites they both have their own special features not knocking either site but they are really open there and a little up tight here

JTRtrx250r
04-25-2004, 11:32 PM
I think the Admin is changing servers, it was mentioned not too long ago.

There shouldnt be any "tension between sites",just a few members thought it was gonna be that way, its just more "open" over there, but no tension.. :confused: I removed most of the "site and bs" treads:rolleyes: and most of the PITA's have gotten a grip,

My 2 main stops are Rriders and Exriders, both are great sites for diffrent reasons and I wont get into the site vs site thing again, I myself have had more than enough of having to deal w/ that BS!:rolleyes: But there shouldnt be any site tension...if there is...it gets waxed;) :D Rriders isn't out to compete w/ atv sites, just a bit of bs'n and info swappin'..

:)

and 2k2...its not about being uptight, w/ this many members..its gotta have some control haha

2k2-300exnj
04-26-2004, 08:56 AM
no no no mis understood not ment in a bad way i know thats why its like that here which isnt a bad thing some arguements get misunderstood here and should just be ignored though

SGA
04-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
its just more "open" over there, but no tension.. :confused: I removed most of the "site and bs" treads:rolleyes: and most of the PITA's have gotten a grip,

I should have been more clear. When I said tension, I meant recently some of our members going over there and starting flaming threads. Thats why the last thread was removed. Might as well stop any trouble before it starts.

Some people may not like it here because they cant say what they want. By that I mean flaming other members, general disrespect to others on this site, etc.
It has worked well for us keeping that in check and I dont see any changes how this site is ran in the near future.

JTRtrx250r
04-26-2004, 09:31 AM
gotcha!;)

Yeah, it didnt help when ppl got banned and came over there to complain either, I think all these atv sites should be able to get along and not bring tension to other sites..I mean..we're all in this together and we all love to ride, you guys do great here and thats why its so popular, ya cant plz everyone right?!:D ;)

300exQuadracer
04-26-2004, 10:12 AM
i dont have a problem with either site, but then again i dont really flame anybody on purpose, i miss the info from rriders i cant get here because this is more of a 4 stroke forums and that is a lot more of the 2 stroke tech

wilkin250r
04-26-2004, 10:29 AM
SGA nailed it on the head. Some people may not like it here because they can't badmouth other sites or flame other members. That's one of the things I particularly like about this site. Sure, flamefests might be fun for the participants, but they aren't any fun to read, and eventually turn people away.

I think there's a reason that this site is more successful than other sites. Our moderators. By keeping the site clean, it also keeps the topics relevant, and doesn't drive the more mature members to other sites.

2k2-300exnj
04-26-2004, 01:04 PM
u guys are makin it seem like all that goes on there is flaming and thats all people go there for.... not true at all yes some people fight over stupid stuff and it gets taken care of from other members a lot outside of mods getting bothered but its not all that goes on people there can answer any question about 250rs that u can think of and are most all great people just as here...

wilkin250r
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by 2k2-300exnj
u guys are makin it seem like all that goes on there is flaming and thats all people go there for....

Oh, don't get me wrong, there is still a wealth of good information over there. In fact, I would spend a lot more time over there if it weren't for all the flaming that goes on...

longie
04-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I miss rriders, even though I don't have a bike, but my wife is gonna let me buy madmac's '88 r when we move, we are going to swing by his place in MO. We close on our house june 4th, and then I'm going to buy a trailer from his uncle and his R, as long as the plans hold tight.

beak7707
04-26-2004, 06:57 PM
I miss rriders too!! If you own an R its a great site, I heard they were switching servers also.

madmac
04-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Hey Longie! i finally made it over here to exriders. this is a pretty cool site. Did you get the pics that I emailed? I called the phone number that you sent and your wife said to try back after 5:00 but its kinda late now so maybe tomorrow night.