PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Steering Stem?

David
04-24-2004, 10:52 PM
I was doing a wheelie at about 30km/h on pavement, then my quad turned and it flipped over me. My six pack rack was on my chest and i couldn't breath, till my brother pushed it off. My knee's had a little blood and I think I cracked a rib. I'm also going to have a bunch of big bruses. I only weigh 130lbs. I don't want it to sound like it was super bad crash, because it wasn't, it was just my first pretty bad crash.

Well my quad also took a beating. I really bent my steering stem and rim. Also my mounting kit for my handguards are destroyed and maybe my handlebars.

So I'm now looking for an aftermarket steering stem that is +1" or +2", and then putting Renthal Fat Bars, CR High Bend. Hopefully somewhat cheap (lol, somewhat cheap $350cdn+).

Dave400ex
04-25-2004, 09:20 AM
I have an Arens and like it a lot. They are priced well at $250, but I think John might be able to get you one even cheaper. My friend has a Houser and it's very nice and has held up well. My brother has a Laeger and you can't ever go wrong with anything Laeger.

Out_Sider
04-25-2004, 09:28 AM
go burgard, from pappy they are like 175 or 200 with the anti vibe clamp

hondafreestyler
04-25-2004, 10:02 AM
def. go with burgard ... i have a +1 chrome and its great ...
the price is awesome and they are super nice ...

Houser are nice ... but IMO are over made ... I think they are a little too strong ... SOMETHING has to take the pressure when a crash occurs ... id rather replace a steering stem then a frame ... but thats just IMO ...

If I were you I wouldn't go anymore than +1 ... u said you were thinking about +2 ... unless your SUPER tall ... Id stick with +1 ... because they made a HUGE difference ...

you may also want to look into Tag T2 cr high bend ...

Good luck ...

-Mike

protraxrptr17
04-25-2004, 10:38 AM
That is an awesome price for that Burgard! Do they make one for the Raptor?

tstrenuous10
04-26-2004, 09:39 AM
i just got my Houser steering stem and it was cheaper then most. never heard of a steering stem being TOO strong. rather have it still in line and bolted on then break or bend. as far as it bending the frame it would prolly have to be one big crash and if thats the case your gonna need some money to pay for hospital bills. i got mine from the factory for less then a new one cuz it was last years model. they charger you like 60 bucks if you get the fat bar clamps WHEN you order the stem. they are like 80 bucks for it seperate.

ordered it on a monday and got it on a friday.

hondafreestyler
04-26-2004, 04:44 PM
thats cool man ...but IMO i dont really like them ...

My Burguard is sweet tho

Dave400ex
04-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Just talked to John Arens. He said he had about 25 400ex stems he wanted to sell, they are +1 over stock, gray in color, and he will sell them for $189 plus $10 or so for shipping with standard or pro taper sized clamps.