PDA

View Full Version : Throttle respnse problem

trx300ex rider7
04-24-2004, 06:20 PM
Every time I go to just gas it the throttle doesnt catch on, it like boggs out then it cathces up but it doesnt have full throttle. I have to push it in slow, I know its not my carb. Could it be the cdi, spark plug. I really dont know could you please help.

95' trx300ex nstlye graphics, weisco piston, k&n filter, holeshots, scott grips, fmf powercore 4, jaws bumper, dyno jet kit.

Atreyu
04-24-2004, 06:23 PM
I had the same problem and it ended up being the carb...

The loss of power could be a carb thing. Follow your throttle line to the carb and make sure it is straight. If this is not the case then your going to have to take off your plastics, airbox, and gas tank. Remove the golden plate from the top of the carb. once you do this there will be a long pin in there. Press on your throttle and see if the throttle body is reacting to this. If not then this "long pin" came unscrewed causing the lack of midrange. If the throttle body will not go up, no gas will get through. You mus unnattatch (sp?) the arm and find the two screws that hold the plate in place. Screw them back in and see if the throttle body lifts by pressing the throttle, then put it back together. Hope that helped

cals400ex
04-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by trx300ex rider7
Every time I go to just gas it the throttle doesnt catch on, it like boggs out then it cathces up but it doesnt have full throttle. I have to push it in slow, I know its not my carb. Could it be the cdi, spark plug. I really dont know could you please help.

95' trx300ex nstlye graphics, weisco piston, k&n filter, holeshots, scott grips, fmf powercore 4, jaws bumper, dyno jet kit.

how do you know it isn't the carb?

trx300ex rider7
04-25-2004, 09:25 AM
If it was my carb it would be flooding out and it wouldnt run right.

trx300ex rider7
04-25-2004, 09:26 AM
I also called the honda shop and they said that it would be something electrical.

sparks400
04-25-2004, 11:48 AM
cheak ur plug, and check ur main and poilet jet and see if there clog, if they r blow them out, and call honda and see what the stock adjustments r for ur carb, and screw it 1/4- 1/2 a turn out since since u got a pipe and other motor mods, if that dont work idk what to tell ya, my 400 had the same problem and it was fixed because of clog jets

wilkin250r
04-26-2004, 09:12 AM
I don't see how it could be electrical. A CDI ignition system is usually very black and white. It either works, or it doesn't. The only thing that could slowly degrade in the entire system is the spark plug. Everything else in your ignition should work just fine if it works at all.

You did have enough sense to try changing the spark plug, right?

In all reality, if it's throttle-related, I don't see how it can be anything but the carb. Does it have power once the engine finally gets up to speed?

gojk
04-26-2004, 11:51 AM
When mine bogged like that, I dropped the needle one notch and the problem went away. I would def say it is something in the carb. Also you say you have the dyno jet kit. If you went by their recommendations you will be very rich.

trx300ex rider7
04-26-2004, 04:25 PM
I got a new cdi, I put it on and it didnt fix the problem. The sprak plug was the first thing that i tried to fix but i cant get it out b/c the shop put motorcycle spark plug in there. They said that i will need to get a thin walled 11/16 so i am going to try that today.

SmokinEX
04-26-2004, 05:50 PM
same thing happen'd to me the other day , the screws that hold the needle valve in place unscrewed and the throttle only caught when i press the gas slow

trx300ex rider7
05-02-2004, 09:30 AM
I put a new spark plug in and that worked alittle bit not not alot, so i am going to try a new coil.

skemp
05-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Take this from a motorcycle mechanic. It is a carburetor problem.

trx300ex rider7
05-06-2004, 06:56 PM
Ok ill try to rejet my carb

chucked
05-08-2004, 12:09 PM
richness gives throttle response