PDA

View Full Version : Help with gas tank!!

roostin_dale
04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Well i race MX on a 250x. If you don't know they use a metal tank:mad:

I have only raced about 7 races this year and i have went through 3 tanks from breaking them. I tried useing a $50 plastic liner for the inside of the tank but that didn't work, and i also used JB weld but it craked right off also.

I have a plastic Clarke tank in the garage but it doesn't fit, it is WAY to big (if anyone has a 300ex clarke tank how do i fix this?)..

Anyone know what i can do? or any of you 300ex MX racers what do you do?

Help me out any way you can please....these gas tanks get expensive, and i dont like to leak $4 a gallon race gas.

Out_Sider
04-24-2004, 07:49 PM
i know how you feel... at my mx race today, my tank cracked, and stonerider250x's gas tank mounts busted off the frame after a spill he had. the reason your clark tank wont fit is because you have aftermarket plastic, or atleast the IMS 3.2 gallon tank only works with stock plastic. but im getting a stock replacement tank only its going to be plastic. i've had enough with these ragged metal tanks..they suck!! :mad:

roostin_dale
04-24-2004, 09:23 PM
its not because the plastic...it wont even fit up to the frame right. And there is no one who makes a stock replacement plastic tank. ATV Parts says they do but i orderd one and it is a Clarke 3.2 tank also...

yea my mounts also busted off my frame a couple races ago, welded them back up and i was good to go..

Out_Sider
04-25-2004, 08:38 AM
o well i was just about to order that stock replacement one that is plastic..but if its an oversized one i dont want it. this sucks. i dont feel like JB welding my gas tank back, and i dont want this goofy metal tank :grr:

Out_Sider
04-25-2004, 08:41 AM
is this the tank you bought? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2475754844&category=43965&sspagename=WDVW because that is the one i'm about to order, and if its an oversized one..i just wont buy it, and duck tape the basterd at the race next saturday if the jb weld cracks, lol

roostin_dale
04-25-2004, 08:59 AM
yep thats the exact tank, i have 3 in my garage. Bought them from 3 different companies. Each company had a different description of it saying it was stock replacement...

bradley300
04-25-2004, 10:01 AM
i'm almost positive ive seen a 2.8 tank b4 in dirty wheels, i'll look thru it and see if can find it

roostin_dale
04-25-2004, 01:18 PM
what do you run Bradley? stock?