PDA

View Full Version : Best low mid pipe for 400ex???

03-16-2002, 03:19 PM
I was wondering which pipe made the best low end power.
Duncan fatboy
Dmc
CT
W Bros. (e series)
FMF
Yoshi.
LRD
Feel free to let me know of any other pipe that i didn't list and makes good power.I was just looking in dirtwheels and seen a pipe called the muzzy anyone have one or heard one. I don't care about the sound. I like them loud.

Wheelie
03-16-2002, 04:03 PM
Pro Circuit T-4, or the WB E-Series.

shook
03-16-2002, 05:18 PM
I hear the HMF is supposed to really increase the low end and mids looks good and very well priced there is simply no reason for a pipe to cost what the sparks, duncan and the rest of those $500.+ dollar pipes this is a greedy engine builder trying to get rich off one instead of helping the sport of atving by making it affordable for everyone to enjoy.These guys in MY OPINION dont give a sh#@ about atv riders in general they try to make off one pipe enough so that they dont have to sell as many and dont have to be bothered so they build there race motors for there sponsored race guys. Thats why it takes them so long to do anything because your motor sits on the shelf why there racers can get fresh ones week after week and look what they charge for a bore and 416 kit. If its not true how does Terry Marcum sell more 416 kits than anyone and can have your stuff back to you in a week to week and a half and do it for a quarter of the price.Im sorry but Ive been around racing for 15yrs and worked in a machine shop for years and have seen some of the best sets of cylinder heads for race cars that would flow way more than stock and we are talking 2 heads and 8 different combustion chambers only cost $800.00 bucks the best jobs only $1200. by top engine builders around Sonny Leonard and Pat Musi EXPLAIN PLEASE and they use btter and more expensive flow benches.?????

Dave400ex
03-16-2002, 08:25 PM
My TC Racing Modified SuperTrapp Pipe added a lot of Bottom End. When I asked TC about the Pipe he told me it was Built to add all Bottom End. I like it a lot.

400exredrider
03-16-2002, 08:47 PM
Im just gonna say Wb cause ive heard that its the best allaround just my opinion

03-17-2002, 06:43 AM
Is the t-4 louder than the e-series? I want a loud pipe with a good throaty sound nothing that sounds as ****%y as DG and cobra.:devil :devil :devil :devil

Dave400ex
03-17-2002, 08:25 AM
I have heard a White Bros and a Pro Circuit. The Pro Circuit was a lot Louder. It has a Deep Throaty Sound. The Pro Circuit`s sound really good.

Ryan-WB440ex
03-17-2002, 11:23 AM
I run a E-series Pro-Meg and it added alot more low-mid power i didnt notice alot of topend difference (this is before i put in the 440 kit) I love this exhaust system because i do not have to rejet my carb anymore I just change the amount of disc's on my exhaust! it's too easy. and if you want it louder you remove the discs and the end cap and it is very loud. if you have a modified engine you need to buy more disc's and longer screws for it.

Red Rooster
03-17-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by WarriorMan
I have heard a White Bros and a Pro Circuit. The Pro Circuit was a lot Louder. It has a Deep Throaty Sound. The Pro Circuit`s sound really good.
Remember that these pipes are tuneable(discs & quiet cores). So one pipe might have been tuned diferently. When these pipes are wide open competion mode they prob. sound the same.

Kadafiy
03-17-2002, 12:41 PM
I have the HMF slip-on and it added alot of low end power. 4 hp is what they told me, and it has a real throaty sound to it. It's kind of loud 98db. I think that is louder then th WB and PC. I like it alot. Plus their prices are awesome!!!

joe250
03-17-2002, 02:15 PM
I have a big gun slip on, and love it, it added a ton of mid, and low end. It is really loud too, and has a great low rumbling sound to it. I think you should get it.

NewRider
03-17-2002, 04:17 PM
I cant speak for all of the pipes you listed. However, out of the slip-ons Ive had (WB, FMF, Big G, and HMF) the HMF in my opinion gave me more on the low end. As people have already stated, its a little loud... but you said that didnt matter ;) Anyhow, thats my opinion on those that Ive had.

NewRider

03-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Any one have any pic's of them on there bikes.

Kadafiy
03-17-2002, 05:04 PM
What the HMF? I do and will post then if I use a friend's scanner. Or you could go to www.hmfengineering.com. That's if you're talking about the HMF.