PDA

View Full Version : tcs,elka.peps

Rebelrider4OOex
04-24-2004, 10:12 AM
im lookin to get a set of shocks in a few months hopefully and i was lookin and tcs , peps and elkas seem to be the same price for tripple rate w/o rezzys so my question is witch is a better shock?

theTman
04-24-2004, 10:20 AM
im gonna have to say elka.. then tcs then pep

thomez
04-24-2004, 10:34 AM
They are all great and the average Joe like you and me couldn't tell the difference blindfolded as long as they were all setup properly. :macho

I like Elka for their fast customer service but TCS is also good at that. PEP is a little slow.

Rebelrider4OOex
04-24-2004, 11:12 AM
yea ive heard about peps being slow and they were goning ot be my last cohice anyways my real decsision is better elka and tcs

Greg Z
04-24-2004, 11:25 AM
for the price TCS IMO Elka are also very good you cant go wrong either way

i got my tripple rates with rezzies for 700 shipped got them in 1 month

slosh13
04-24-2004, 12:50 PM
They are all great and the average Joe like you and me couldn't tell the difference blindfolded as long as they were all setup properly.

I agree with Thomez. He said it the best:macho

Florida400EX
04-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Custom Axis should also be considered, they are the best.

roostin_dale
04-24-2004, 04:50 PM
easiest way i can put it...I've had Elka, TCS, Works, Ohlins..and i have rode on my friends PEP's

1-Elka
2-TCS
3-PEP
4-Ohlins
5-Works-Not worth the money IMO (except the Pro series)

PhilMoore
04-24-2004, 09:01 PM
I ordered my Elkas on April 12, and they were here on April 21.

This is my second set, so I am not in shock euphoria. However, they are VERY nice shocks.
They are replacing PEP standard race shocks on the front of my 400EX, and the stock rear shock.

I have a set on my Banshee also. I got them from the Quadshop, and they are awesome. I had to send them in for adjustment, and the Quadshop had them back to me within a week.

I don't think you can go wrong with Elka, especially if you get them from good and decent folk, like the Quadshop.

R3Concepts
04-24-2004, 11:21 PM
Its funny that everyone rated PEP so poorly in this thread.. PEP is the best shock on the market hands down. The only 2 things that kill PEP is the long weight, and that Wayne builds all the shocks by himself and he has to be at all the pro racers beck-and-call during the national season. For the money TCS cant be beat, I run TCS zps triples on my 426 and they are great. TCS doesnt have the name behind it that say AXIS or ELKA does but TCS is run by one of the best shock builders in the nation. When you think of dirtbike suspension you think of names like Race Tech, Todd Davis owns TCS and he worked for Race Tech for like 8 years, so he knows his S*it. TCS would be my choice.

roostin_dale
04-25-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by R3Concepts426ex
Its funny that everyone rated PEP so poorly in this thread.. PEP is the best shock on the market hands down.

Part of what makes a shock good is the customer service. And no one wants to wait 2-5 months for a set of shocks. Elka deals with you like no other and you get your shocks in about a week, same with TCS.

If you tore your quad down in October for a winter rebuild and you were planning on finishing it around February then PEP would be a good shock to get...

04'400ex'er
04-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
Custom Axis should also be considered, they are the best.

They are also approx. $1000 more than TCS

Florida400EX
04-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 04'400ex'er
They are also approx. $1000 more than TCS

You get what you pay for.

Greg Z
04-27-2004, 01:53 PM
I road both.. And for the price of custom axis.. not worth it... the only difference i knew was that on small little bumps they soaked it up better (and im compairing it with shocks that arent even broke in yet (TCS) )

R3Concepts
04-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Florida400ex,
You pay for the name. Since Axis is a division of Penske you better believe they have huge mark-up.

400grl
04-27-2004, 03:42 PM
I'm beginning to think you pay whatever other people are willing to pay......shock prices are totally out of whack when it comes to ATV's.......I've paid them....and I'm sure I will again....but it just amazes me when I compare parts I can buy for my TRUCK and parts I buy for my recreational vehicle.......somethings just wrong with the whole picture!!! :rolleyes: I can buy a whole truck (not the best one, but still...) for what people will pay for a set of shocks!!!

R3Concepts
04-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Very true Corry. Are you guys racing Nomads this weekend?

400grl
04-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Yes we are!!! :) Hopefully we will be at practice on Saturday, too - I definately will need it! :) I got some new gearing - maybe I can pull a holeshot this time!! ;)

R3Concepts
04-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Mark(MCR19) crossed over to the blue side so hes gonna race his yfz for the 1st time Sunday. Im gonna have to work my *** off to get a holeshot and get somewhere close to the front, but tahts the fun of it.BTW your quad looks go with the new black/red plastic. See you on Sunday.

400grl
04-27-2004, 04:09 PM
OOOOOoooooo - how cool!! :) He'll do great, I'm sure! You were doing just fine last race, if memory serves! :) And thanks!! :) Hopefully I won't mess up my plastics at this race!! LOL!! See you Sunday! :)

04'400ex'er
04-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Florida400EX
You get what you pay for.

You're right. I would love to be able to buy Custom Axis shocks. Unfortunately, I will probably have to go with the TCS for the price. I have decided thay are hard to beat.