PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding the front brakes

Greg Z
04-24-2004, 08:14 AM
well yesterday i put on my new Galefer +3 stainless steal braided break lines on.. and some new DOT4. When i put them on they didnt work at all they didnt even pump any juice out of them. Does any one know how to bleed the front brakes with out buying a pump?

thomez
04-24-2004, 09:51 AM
Pump lever, hold lever, crack bleeder open, repeat.

Pump lever, hold lever, crack bleeder open, repeat. Keep going til you do not have any air bubbles.

Continue until you have good brake feel without pumping even once.

Ride for 5 minutes and use your brakes a few times.

Bleed 1 more time to make sure they are good to go. Pump lever, hold lever, crack bleeder open, repeat. Keep going til you do not have any air bubbles.

Kilabanshee
04-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Take the little plastic knobbey guys off the bleader, DONOT LOSEN THEM, Next pull in the front break like 10 times as far as you can, Keep the front break held in then losen the bleader, Tighten the bleader back up and repeat this process.

Hammer trx450r
04-24-2004, 10:29 AM
pumping causes air bubbles! just sqeeze and release, with no pump. You could also gravity bleed

Greg Z
04-24-2004, 11:23 AM
guys is it normal for when i push in my front brake IT doesnt have any resistance and doesnt even push any fluid threw the lines?!

Tommy 17
04-24-2004, 12:35 PM
fill up ur resavoir and crack open the bleeder screws and let it sit over night... gravity will work...

or get a hose put it over the bleeder screw... open it up and suck... just don't swallow any!

u have a air lock... happens with 99.99% of aft mark brake lines

Hammer trx450r
04-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Greg Z
guys is it normal for when i push in my front brake IT doesnt have any resistance and doesnt even push any fluid threw the lines?! keep doing it, its the smallest amount

Greg Z
04-24-2004, 02:07 PM
can some one show me where the bleeder screws are at? does any one have a pic?

toby400ex
04-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
fill up ur resavoir and crack open the bleeder screws and let it sit over night... gravity will work...

or get a hose put it over the bleeder screw... open it up and suck... just don't swallow any!

u have a air lock... happens with 99.99% of aft mark brake lines Thats what i did, had front and back bleed in about 30 minutes or less.

Greg Z
04-24-2004, 07:55 PM
ok guys i got them bled a little bit... but when i pump them they work really good and the break gets tight.. but then when i stop.. it just gets loose again... should i do that untill it gets really tright then open up the bleeding screw:eek2:

Hammer trx450r
04-24-2004, 09:09 PM
just keep going and going. It'll get better. You are explaining air in the line