PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem.... i think

cals400ex
04-24-2004, 01:17 AM
i don't have any problem when the bike is cold. however, when it gets hot after riding for a while and i take off from a dead stop i feel some chatter or shaking. it somewhat feels like a clutch grabbing but slipping. i am not sure if this is the problem or not. i have a feeling it isn't the clutch because i am running a sparks clutch and i don't race and i am not hard on it but then again, i don't know. it may be the basket or the hub. any suggestions would be great. it will be coming off in a couple weeks anyways to replace the timing chain but i would like some ideas. thanks cal

Cly
04-24-2004, 05:49 AM
I had a noise kinda like that.when I got on the gas it would make this wierd sound and I too thought it was the clutch but come to fiind out it was the back carrier bearings.I replaced them and the noise was gone.

Might not be your problem but just a thought.......

Cly

cals400ex
04-24-2004, 11:47 AM
yeah, it is a thought but i don't think that is it. i am not hearing a noise. i can actually feel it. it is a little shaky when the bike is hot and it just happens when i take off from a dead stop. however, at high rpms it doesn't slip. this is what makes me wonder what it actually is.............

by the way, my axle has no play, makes no noises, and doesn't bind so i don't think it is the bearings.