PDA

View Full Version : 450R rev limiter question

joe1l
04-23-2004, 09:50 PM
Today I finally went riding with my HMF pipe, I took out the quiet core, and let i all hang out. I have one question though. I think I was hitting the rev limiter, but I'm not sure. I started the bike and hit the gas for a second and let it rev up a bit, and i heard a wierd sound at the very top end, at first i thought it was a jetting probelm it kind of sound like it was breaking up, then i noticed it more and more when i was in 1st, 2nd and 3rd and i was trying to push the revs. I was just about to rejet it, but my buddy told me it might be my rev limter, I have read many times that when guys get a new pipe, they hit the rev limiter much faster. I'm going to go back to a 14t front sprocket if it is the rev limiter, i definately think i can now, with all the added torque!!!

lilredridenwood
04-23-2004, 10:02 PM
I have hit the rev limiter afew times on my 450R, it doesnt sound like a normal limiter, you can tell cause it stops pulling as hard and it does make a funny sound!

04-24-2004, 08:42 PM
You were hitting the rev limiter. I had the same problem when I put on my pipe. I also tried a 13 and it hit the rev limiter way to fast. I now run 14/39 and I like it.

joe1l
04-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Right Now I'm running 13/39 gearing but I think I'm going to try your suggestion and go with a 14/39 gearing instead!

Thanks,
Joe