PDA

View Full Version : What the crap

yfz4life50
04-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Which one do you prefer as the best all around quad just thought i would ask!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:devil: poop:devil:

Baley69
04-23-2004, 09:17 PM
IMHO for all around everything and for the price you cant beat a good ole 400EX:macho Either of the 450's are a good choice as well.

Cody_300ex
04-23-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Baley69
IMHO for all around everything and for the price you cant beat a good ole 400EX:macho Either of the 450's are a good choice as well.

i agree 100%. :o

04-24-2004, 07:53 AM
z/kfx400....your telling me you don't need reverse in the woods? If its the "best" all around it would have reverse.

J37MX
04-24-2004, 08:19 PM
I must agree with 400exs being the best all around quads. Fun, reliable, easy to work on, easy to ride. Its air cooled so you dont have to worry about putting a hole through the radiator when riding in the woods and theres no waterpump problems or anything to do with that since its aircooled. Reverse isnt really that necessary for riding in the woods unless your making trails and dont know where your going to end up. I can see having reverse on a big utility quad like a Sportsman 700 or something because they're hard to move around but reverse on a sport quad is just more weight and not as necessary. Well thats my opinon some people have different thoughts.

SRH
04-24-2004, 09:41 PM
400ex is def best all around quad, you can hunt with it if you wanted to and you could go out and race mx

its not the best at any one thing buts its good at all of them, plus they last and last and last

dont start with that suzuki and kawi crap there not as versatile or reliable as a 400ex, there halfway between a 400ex and yfz

your gonan race get a yfz, your gonanr ide everything and have a good time get a 400ex

roostin_dale
04-24-2004, 09:47 PM
c-dale...!!!!

mine will never leave, always going to be a dale in my garage!

SRH
04-24-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by roostin_dale
c-dale...!!!!

mine will never leave, always going to be a dale in my garage!

once you get the yfz i bet ull have it for sale

roostin_dale
04-25-2004, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by SRH
once you get the yfz i bet ull have it for sale

not a chance:devil: (i hope not anyway)

theTman
04-25-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Overkillkfx400
z/kfx400....your telling me you don't need reverse in the woods? If its the "best" all around it would have reverse.

that is so not true... just because a 400ex doesnt have reverse dont mean it cant be called best around..... i thot i would need reverese all the time on my 400ex when i 1st bought it... but if only wished to have it 1 or 2 times when i was in a stuck situation.. it is easy enough to get off walk around front and pick up the front end and turn it around and vise versa with the rear. KFX/Z have weak frames.. yes they can eb gusseted to make them stronger... but i see kno purpose for whoever made the kfx/z/dvx 1st.. it is just a copy machine.. 3 diff manufacturers have the same quad under different plastics..thats y i saythat the 400ex is thebest around because it isnt a repaet

700th post!!!!!!!:p

SRH
04-25-2004, 10:14 AM
i dont think he knows what hes talking about hes still a youngin at 12 or 13 and wanted a 400ex then bought a kfx,i think what ever hes got is the best;)

yellowrider
04-26-2004, 05:03 AM
i can see a 400ex being best all around but.... a 450r nope..

the only two quads i would ever own again would be a 400ex and a yamaha yfz..

i do not want to flame but ever since i got mine back. i went to the sand pits and tim one of my friends got one before riding mine.. and he was their showing off the 450r .. we had a few drags.. it was reall close most of the time i beat him.. or we was almost tie.. anyways that beside the point he hoped on mine and loved it and said the same thing as i did..

its a 400ex with more power and a harder seat with some low handlebars..

anyhow he rode mine for around a hour or so .. and his was still brand new!!

i didnt care cause i wanted some more seat time on the honda.. and i can tell you i love my yfz for hill climbs .. that honda put me in some wierd situtions.

the kick start either worked the first time or the second time it started really good...

oh and he told me he has already geared it done and said its still not as good as his 400 in the woods.. he says he going down some more teeth ...

he wish he gotten a yfz 450 limited edition.. cause boy i tell you those new yamaha are all around .. and cant be beat..

:D :macho

04-26-2004, 06:03 AM
i like the z400. i ve had 3 400ex sand there ok but it seemed with mine when i got them bored to 440 s they would blow head gaskets and pull the studs out of the head. i liked them but not tha much. i have a z 400 now and really like it. i raced alot of district 6 hare scambles on it and i raced 11 gncc races last year in the 4 stroke a class. i had one flat tire and i broke a tierod end. thats all i had wrong with it. i think there pretty tuff. i was thinkingabout gettinga yfz but i see alot of problems wih electrical stuff an i m glad i did nt get one. there fast but he z will pass them when there broke.:D