PDA

View Full Version : Holeshot questions

250EXpwns
04-23-2004, 05:44 PM
How long do Holeshots last? I just don't want to get them and then I have to get a new pair in a month. I want them to last for a while. Also, do they give you good traction in hard or soft pack? Both? If there is a better tire that you recommend please tell me! Thanks!

EvilJester400EX
04-23-2004, 05:45 PM
If you want a tire that will last a while, holeshots are definitely not the ticket. I'd go with a set of Kenda Klaws for a lasting, good-performing tire.

deathman53
04-23-2004, 07:01 PM
my holeshots are lasting awhile, I have them on a 86 200x now, but I used them for awhile on a 250r trx and atc. I've done alot of hard pack pit, mx, fire roading and even the rocks in Pa, the tires still have most of the tread. Even did a bit of street riding(not by choice, had to get tow truck to come out to where the truck was stuck and it was 9pm and 25 degrees). Those tires are holeshot xcr's(first year), I had holeshot xct's on my warrior and they were damn near indistuctable. The only holeshots I hear problems with wearing out fast are the mxr's. Don't know much about the hd's.

Fuchs42
04-23-2004, 07:11 PM
I have had both and the klaw mxrs hook much better and last much longer.

redroost85
04-23-2004, 07:24 PM
I run a set of MXR's when it gets a little muddy. Not a bad tire....incredible side bite though. I can't throw the quad into a turn like I can do when I got the Tamers on, lol!

The wear I see as being normal....although the Kendas is what I would choose for my next set of rears. :)

lilredridenwood
04-23-2004, 10:16 PM
I have holeshots on my scrambler and I love them. For those of you who say they are not wearing very long try and rotate them everyfew months( they are not dirrectional) OH and by the way itp will be introducing a holeshot H-D better wear and just as lite, I will probablly get those for the 450r when the time comes.