PDA

View Full Version : Stator problems

Quad18star
04-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Has anyone had any problems with their stator on their 450?? Took my 450 into the shop and the stator is finished on it . Other than getting a new one from Yamaha , anyone know of maybe a better stator and where I could find one for the next time this thing goes on me . Pretty sad that Yamaha Canada and Yamaha USA don't have any available , and a new one has to be sent in from Japan . There goes another 2 weeks without ridding .

PEPwalshZ440
04-23-2004, 03:50 PM
no, i don't have one, but i know like 100 racers who have had this problem.
Mike

trailtech
04-24-2004, 10:57 AM
We have YFZ stators but there are a couple issues:

Our stator requires you eliminate the AC lighting on your quad. You can still run your AC lights on the new DC system but they will not shut off when the motor dies, they will only turn off with the key or light switch. The setup is basically the same a Raptor or 400EX. The basic idea is that the stock YFZ stator is split AC/DC and we convert the entire stator as DC. This eliminates any charging problems.

As we only have a limited number of stators, we require a core be returned. The core does not need to be functional but cannot be physically damaged (dropped, bent, burned.....)

Quad18star
04-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks so much for the info . The stator is going to be replaced under Yamaha warrantee but for future reference this is good to know . Is this a common problem with the YFZ 450?? Like my 450 only has maybe 15 hrs of ride time on it . My boss at work , used to work for Yamaha and said it is very rare to see a fried Yamaha stator . Maybe i got a lemon or soemthing . How much is this new system?? Thansk again ..... also whats a phone # i can reach you guys at and are there any Canadian distributors ??

cjpoole1
04-25-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by trailtech
We have YFZ stators but there are a couple issues:

Our stator requires you eliminate the AC lighting on your quad. You can still run your AC lights on the new DC system but they will not shut off when the motor dies, they will only turn off with the key or light switch. The setup is basically the same a Raptor or 400EX. The basic idea is that the stock YFZ stator is split AC/DC and we convert the entire stator as DC. This eliminates any charging problems.

As we only have a limited number of stators, we require a core be returned. The core does not need to be functional but cannot be physically damaged (dropped, bent, burned.....)
so if i'm not running lights this will be the problem free set-up?

trailtech
04-26-2004, 11:36 AM
This is a problem free setup regardless of what electical setup you run. We specifically designed the regulator/rectifier to perform well during no load conditions.

cjpoole1
04-26-2004, 12:37 PM
whats this set-up cost?

trailtech
04-27-2004, 09:45 AM
cjpoole1,

100 for a rewind and 29.95 for regulator/rectifier.

Admin
04-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by trailtech
cjpoole1,

100 for a rewind and 29.95 for regulator/rectifier.

C&D Racing is a Trailtech dealer and SPONSORS EXriders.com, so support the site and give C&D Racing a call 308 696-7805.

lilredridenwood
04-27-2004, 08:52 PM
Just one more reason to ride red!:devil: But really that is a crap deal is there really aproblem with the stator on the bikes or is it just a fluk?

trailtech
04-27-2004, 10:20 PM
EXriders Admin, Thanks for the note. As well, we prefer customers use our dealers. You will find our dealers offering better pricing on our products than we do.

Of course, we always welcome anyone who needs information or product help (our products or not).

joeyc450
04-29-2004, 08:44 PM
how doo u kno if ur stators bad? casue i possibly believ mines shot???

Quad18star
04-29-2004, 11:04 PM
I took mine to my local dealer and he did whatever he had to do and told me the stator was toast . Best thing I can say , is bring it to your dealership or mechanic .

Jonas
05-12-2004, 10:18 AM
Another yfz break!!!

jrdcrf419
05-12-2004, 11:06 AM
I went threw 3 stators this year do you have a # that i can call to ship you 2 of my stators?
Can i just use a full raptor stator set up?