PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm troubles

SnowFlake
04-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Ok i went to go put my swingarm on after getting it fixed and i also got a new swigarm pivot bolt and nut. The online manual says to torque it down to 80ft lbs. Well i did this and i had my swingarm up on a block and i kicked it out and the swing arm did not go down. No tires are on it (if that matters). So my swing arm is just up in the air now.

-snowflake

protraxrptr17
04-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Did you put the spacer in there? If you did then it's too short.

SnowFlake
04-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Whats those metal endcaps. Well if thats whats your talking about i put them on. And what are you talking about that its to short.

-snowflake

SnowFlake
04-23-2004, 05:14 PM
Help!!!!! I have no clue whats going on

protraxrptr17
04-23-2004, 05:24 PM
No, those caps are just seals. There is a long steel tube that you slide into the swingarm before you put the seals in. Your bearings ride on that spacer, and it also keeps your frame fron pinching your swingarm. That is what is happening to you. Did you install new swingarm bearings? If so, was there not a long metal tube inside? Did you buy this quad new? If not maybe somebody left it out. There should be a long tube that is nearly as long as the swingarm bolt, unless your pivot bolt runs thru your engine, if so there are two spacers.

SnowFlake
04-23-2004, 05:42 PM
No i just bought the bike about a month ago and i did not replace any bearings. I looked in my manual and i have all of the stuff i need and yes the swingarm bolt runs throught the engine. so i guess i ahve to get new berings now:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

well thanks for the help.

-snowflake

SnowFlake
04-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Or can i just torque it to 60ftlbs for this weekend so it can pivot a little better.

-snowflake