PDA

View Full Version : understanding West Virginia

Pappy
04-23-2004, 12:47 PM
being a newbie to the state, I was amused when I recieved this from my congressman.

Understanding WV:

Because of the misunderstandings that frequently develop when residents of other states pass through our state, in an effort to help outsiders understand WV, the folloing list will be handed to each driver entering our state:

1. That farm boy standing next to the feed bin did more work before breakfest then you do all week at the gym.

2. It;s called a 'gravelroad'! No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Navigator. I have a 4 wheel drive because I need it...not to just keep up with the neighbors.

3. We all started hunting and fishing when we were 7 years old. Yeah , we saw Bambi. We got over it.

4. Any reference to "corn fed" when talking about our women will get you whipped....by our women!

5. Go ahead and bring your $600 Orvis Fly Rod. Dont cry to us if a flathead catfish breaks it off at the handle. We have a name for those little trout you fish for...BAIT!

6. Pull your pants up, you look like an idiot.

7. If your cell phone rings when a bunch of Mallard ducks are making thier final approach we will shoot it. You might hope you dont have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Thats right. Whisky is only 2 bucks. We can buy a fifth for what you paid in the airport for one drink.

9. No, there is NO "Vegatarian Special" on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order a chefs salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham and turkey.

10. You bring Coke into my house it better be brown, wet and served over rice.

11. So you have a 60 thousand dollar car you drive on weekends. We have a quater million dollar combine that we use 2 weeks a year.

12. Let's get this straight. We have 2 stoplights in town. We stop when its red.

13. Our women hunt, fish and drive 4 whhelers, pick up trucks and tractors because they WANT to. So, your a feminest?. Aint that cute.

14. Yeah we eat catfish....and turtle. You really want sushi and caviar? It's available at the bait shop.

15. They are pigs. Thats what they smell like. Get over it. Dont like it? The interstate runs north ...use it!

16. The huntin season refers to the first week of deer season. Every thing is closed. Period.

17. So everyone in a pick up waves? Its called being friendly. Why cant you understand it?

18. That state trooper that pulled you over for driving like an idiot....his name is SIR no matter how old he is.

19. Some think we are Hillbillys. yep, that maybe right but we know that WV is a state.

Now ya'll enjoy your visit!

brandonpeake
04-23-2004, 12:52 PM
and i thoght it was bad in Alabama!

Doibugu2
04-23-2004, 12:58 PM
LMAO

Thanks Pappy, at least I know how to act when I come down for the H/M ride.:devil:

redroost85
04-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Preach on brother Pappy!

Them there is words to live by!:macho :D

Gillbilly
04-23-2004, 01:57 PM
Sounds like Id fit in real good,describes most of Wi.

Berry
04-23-2004, 02:40 PM
thats pretty cool but i think he went a little too far!

Tommy 17
04-23-2004, 03:03 PM
after my trip to WV pappy i can never understand ur weird ways down there:devil:

chucked
04-23-2004, 07:39 PM
i wanna move to wv now.

CTmxyfz
04-23-2004, 07:44 PM
Crazy arse southeners.:devil:

flyin#5
04-23-2004, 08:02 PM
lol, some of them are pretty good. if us wisconsin boys ever make it to one of your riding trips.... please dont be affended by me laughing at all the people from wv. the way they talk just cracks me up. :p "its all relative in west virginia"

Chino
04-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Makes me Proud, to be from Wv, and so what if we " are all relative" :confused:

batgeek
04-23-2004, 10:40 PM
some of the nicest people i know are from WV :D

and they all don't talk with an accent hehe.

marksuttonjr
04-24-2004, 12:44 AM
You mean that the entire US is not like that??????????:eek: :eek:
I tahught it was like that everywhere.

DillonTMNT
04-24-2004, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by batgeek
some of the nicest people i know are from WV :D

and they all don't talk with an accent hehe.

Yep when I talk to people out of Texas they dont even know I am from Texas when they use their keen detecting skills for "typical" southerners..hah

-Dillon

batgeek
04-24-2004, 02:00 AM
LOL, when i moved to Virginia everyone said i had a California accent...WTF is a California accent?

now when i go home, everyone calls me a hick :cool:

popo
04-24-2004, 04:49 AM
...WTF is a California accent?

Goes like this man, vato essay, what's happen.... yoo cuz thems some nice spinners on the *****en wheels. Home boy u must have mucho *****es with them riches.

Hows tat

CowsBitePeople
04-24-2004, 04:58 AM
LMAO thats good!!:p

Bobbs07
04-24-2004, 06:39 AM
My moms boy friend owns a Boat House down there on Lake Gaston. It was pretty cool down there, some real big houses. Alot of laid back people just kickin it.

Tommy 17
04-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by popo
Goes like this man, vato essay, what's happen.... yoo cuz thems some nice spinners on the *****en wheels. Home boy u must have mucho *****es with them riches.

Hows tat

WOW is that funny!!! lmfao!!!:blah:

WKY400EX
04-24-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
6. Pull your pants up, you look like an idiot.

:D That's great.

cudaman
04-24-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by popo

Hows tat

well im from california and i dont quite talk like that. its more like, "what up playa? you ready to bounce or what."

late

somethign like that. you were a lil to F8ckin beaner.

zephead400ex
04-24-2004, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by cudaman
well im from california and i dont quite talk like that. its more like, "what up playa? you ready to bounce or what."

late

somethign like that. you were a lil to F8ckin beaner.

hey bendeco! :blah:

cudaman
04-25-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by zephead400ex
hey bendeco! :blah:

haha nice, is that how you spell it lol. ive only spoken the word, ive never seen it spelled out before. ;)

but why you guys gotta hate on use california peeps. haha a lil more cali. speech

batgeek
04-25-2004, 01:52 AM
it's pendejo :)

i'm trilingual: english, spanish, tagalog(Filipino)

i'm also trisexual...i try to get sex, but i always fail :(

chucked
04-25-2004, 07:45 AM
i'm also trisexual...i try to get sex, but i always fail :(

lmao, I like that one

04-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Sounds like KY also...:macho

Defiant
04-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Pappy where bouts in WV are you.

Pappy
04-28-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Defiant
Pappy where bouts in WV are you.

im in berkeley county, eastern panhandle area

wvspeedfreak
04-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Hey Pappy.I am in Hardy county,about an hour from Martinsburg.I was going to have some powdercoating done at A.S.A.P. powdercoating in Marlowe.Where is your shop?

brian-250
04-28-2004, 08:02 PM
6. Pull your pants up, you look like an idiot

hear that jerry?:devil:

redrider69
04-28-2004, 08:04 PM
i went to wv once and it was an awsome ridin expirence goin on top of mountians i went i think it was rainele wv my friends grams live there they are some pretty cool laid back ppl